Guess what I’m considering

WuzzaCBXRider

Donating Member
Registered
A 4,300 mile round trip thru 12 states from here to Tiptonville Tennessee just four days before my 73rd birthday. Kicking tires and telling lies begins at Boyette’s on April 1st. It’s called the springtime rally on the MTF, the Motorcycle Touring Forum. The Busa would have about 80,000 miles on it when I get back. They say that even with bad weather about 300 riders show up. In good weather, 500-600 riders show up. Every kind of motorcycle also shows up. There are oldest rider awards but I doubt that would be me as the last winner was 80. Longest ride from home awards too but some riders take off from say, Texas, and ride to the west coast and then to Tennessee so I wouldn’t get that award either but accomplishing that ride would add 7 states to my tally of 11 making 18 states total on my Busa.

11 -12 nights for lodging would be a real expense with fuel second, I’ve got the time but I’m not sure I have the gumption. Eastward I’d ride thru AZ, NM, TX, OK, AR and into the northwest corner of TN for just over 2,000 miles. I could take the same route back west and the weather might indicate that I would but to change it up I could cross a more northern route across MO, KS, CO, UT and NV then back into CA. That would add 5 different states to the tour and 2 more new states to my record. It looks like most attendees are from the south or southeast and these big events are always somewhere east of the Mississippi. Are any forum members planning on attending? Any forum members attended this before?

Out call masseuses would nice, you know, to work out the kinks after a hard day‘s riding but to get one to come to a hotel/motel room, at night, well, she might want to do a little more and I’d probably be too tired! :laugh:
Hi. Bring along a tent and a cook stove will cut some cost. Also I have been picked up by a striper and spent a wonderfull night a her place. She was like a star she worked all over the world. When she was back in Boston we would always hook up. It lasted about 2 years. She was from S.C. her name is Jenny Cress. You are never to OLD! Go for it. If I had the extra $ I would love to do it. I have been Tennesse many times I do realy like it there.

You only live once. Plan it out and head out! I'm trying to get @FtLaudBlkGT to hit the tail of the dragon with me in the next few months but he wont go unless I bring a trailer HAHA.

A 4,300 mile round trip thru 12 states from here to Tiptonville Tennessee just four days before my 73rd birthday. Kicking tires and telling lies begins at Boyette’s on April 1st.
That would be a hell of a ride. About the longest I've ever done, but you got 20 years on me so mad respect to you if you knock that one out. I say do it!!! If it was a little later in the year, I would say let me tag along, I'm planning a ride out to Tennesse but more like late spring early summer, I like it hot.

Take pictures!

My son is thinking about going with me. Does anyone have real life experience with a bike to bike intercom system? The Senas I’ve read about seem good but quite expensive.

I have an old model Cardo, they work well, but the volume needs to be louder, and it has 4 buttons, which are a pain to use with gloves.
My friend has the 2nd to newest model Cardo, and the speakers have much better sound, more bass and loud volume.
The buttons are much more glove friendly, and the volume is an easy to roll infinity wheel.

If you have the means, do it!!!! I would love to have enough time off to do something like that and put some miles on the bikes.

Stretch them legs and knock it out! I'm hoping to do a roundtrip from FL-CA before I'm 35 (3 more years)...unfrontunately, I need to start buying lottery tickets or get a job with paid leave LOL

Back