GSXRBOY!! read this

OB_c_rod2000

Registered
gsxrboy, i have the stiffer springs too.So i should definately wait to put the mod in? will i have that much trouble with diff. springs? i think im gonna just try and race with stocker just for hell of it! i have full tecknic leathers, gloves , ect. i have a pingel switch i took off of my other bike.Like i said i just dont want to install it because i prob. wont go to strip much.

i think i posted this before but cant remember if you replied or not. i want to go to miland soon. i have not put my clutch mod in (waiting for support) yet. is it worth goin their with the stocker? oh yeah do you think ill be able to sneak by with no kill switch? i know people have before. ill be wearing full leathers so......i have a pingel polished switch , but am to lazy to put on.

Clutch Mod "Waiting for Support" - You should be fine if you use the clutch mod and stocks springs, that's what I'm doing. The problem is when you use the stronger springs and the clutch mod spacers. So get your butt out there and install that clutch mod!

They'll usually let you slide with a warning the first couple of times without a kill switch. You do have to have the full leathers though, no exceptions. Also you can just snap your kill on real fast and not wire it in. They don't actually check to see if they work. 90% of the bikes you see with kills don't work, they just run the wires down were you can't see them. This is for three reasons: 1) Lazy 2) Don't know how 3) It's a ***** when your racing and your teather decides to fly south and not work! I've seen this happen more then once on the plug in type teathers.

As for the stocker thing, I've been running a close to stock bike down there and every where else. You need to learn to ride it stock and get your times down into the solid 9's before you touch anything. Like me I promised myself I wouldn't touch anything major until I ran 9.50's. Well now that I'm down there I'm checking on my options for NOS! Also if you get some good runs in stock it gives you a good baseline for your mods...A lot of people go by the dyno numbers which really don't mean a whole lot. I go by ET numbers myself! If I pick up 5hp on the dyno with a mod and loose a tenth in the quarter guess what there's something wrong or I don't want the mod...

You can run the clutch mod with the stiffer springs also just don't use the spacers that come with the clutch mod. I'm not sure even with the TMH support if you can run the spacers and stiffer springs...

Back