attn: frank adams

OB_c_rod2000

Registered
you know about the whole clutch thing so here goes. i have the brock clutch mod, stiffer springs, and the countershaft support. should i put the springs in or keep the stock ones and put the spacers in supplied with the mod?i dragrace (mainly around town ect.) i dont get into the track scene to much.I originally got the stiff springs because i was under the impression that they always helped in the long run on clutch wear. I had them on my other bike to.i was just wonderin what you thought on this. thanks.

oh yeah one other thing. i have about 1,500 miles on the bike. Not very many "abused" launches. should it be alright when i put in the mod? should i soak the clutch plates in oil over night just in case?

I know you asked for Frank but I though I would bother you too ;) I put the clutch mod in at 2k miles, my clutch already had about 70 passes on it. I put the hub in and used the Schnitz HD springs with NO SPACERS. I did not re-soak my clutch plates but did measure the stack height which is supposed to be 2.0", mine was about .030" too short but I put it in like that anyway cause I am too poor to buy new frictions and steels, so far so good, no slipping or chattering. I have put on about 2k miles and 30 passes since the mod and its still grabbing better then ever. Lever is tighter then I though it would be though after the spring change. Oh well :)

so i should probably be good then. like i said i havent really been launchin hard that often . it was down for 3 weeks getting the undertail painted!! so im sure my plates will be good. has anyone found out how much stock clutch plates run?i know for my 1980 suzuki they were like $250. or somethin!!!

Back