ATTN:motorhead, johhny,zxalan anyone w/clutch knowledge PLEASE HELP

OB_c_rod2000

Registered
i know i just asked not to long ago.I am ready to install the clutch mod, w/springs and support from tmh. i just read that post from brock sayin he lost et at the track with stiffer springs. I was wondering how you guys felt towards the springs, no springs situation for my riding style. I dont go to the track much, just mainly street racing and goofing around. So finall question, spacers and stock springs or , stiff springs????

My opinion, for what it's worth, stay with stock springs and spacers. Heavy springs better for track or someone that launches bike at every stoplight. Stock springs were made for this bike and I haven't heard of slippage in normal riding. Why use extra pressure on everything if not needed.

well i guess im screwed on the stock spring idea! i cant find one of the spacers!DOH!!! i might have to buy some after i get some more opinions.I personally dont think that it would hurt to have the stiffer springs, but i would still like tmh ideas.

C rod- Their is much more of a chance with coil bind with the stock springs with spacers not to mention over exerting the stock springs capability for pressure. Get the HD springs from schnitz, they're longer, thinner coils, stronger material, have a great, stiff feel and grab great, all for $20. My stock clutch was slipping on shifts with only 70 passes, I put in the mod and the springs and left the plates alone, no more slipping, 30 more passes to date, its perfect. Clutch lever is a little stiff though and in traffic after a while will make your hand a little sore, but its worth it!!

Back