gen 1 & brocks clutch mod question

george b

Registered
2007 busa, stock engine, 16/40 sprockets, 6" stretch. just went to the track for the 1st time the other week.

what all do you really need to get to do the brocks clutch mod? it's $240 for the part alone, not including springs or cushion kit.

i think i've come to the conclusion the cushion isn't worth stretching my budget another $200+. but now i'm reading that the stiffer springs are overkill for a stock engine too??

i hate to even spend $250 on the clutch mod, doing it slightly for a better launch, but main reason is because reading that i'll eventually destroy my clutch by launching it without the mod.

then i'm reading stuff like "You have to have a sprocket cover brace or billet cover as you will have to increase spring pressure with a locked hub. Keep the stock setup and you’ll be replacing covers." never even heard anyone else talk about this?

thx

yes any time you go past stock with spring you need a suport.no need for billet cover, I"ve been running 40lbs springs for two years with no trouble

I would get the brocks clutch mod, and stiffer springs.. Made a world of difference on my gsxr 1000, cut my 60 fts from 1.60 to 1.55 SWB. Also your bike stretched you'll have more control of the clutch to hammer it off the start. Good luck

Back