GSXR1000

Revvv

Registered
OK, I have a 2006 GSXR1000 that is being stubborn. With the stock clutch set-up the bike grabs when you go to launch it. It doesn't matter if you are launching at 2000rpm or 7000rmp. It still grabs and either chokes the bike down or tries to wheelie over.

We pulled the basket and welded the slipper. That may not have been a good thing, but it was worth the experiment. The clutch welding mod did not make a difference. The bike still acts the same way. No difference at all.

Can someone give me a couple answers or suggestions?

No sure but I'll give it a
bump.gif

you know revv. I, too, have an 06 1K and I have the exact same problem. I still haven't found a fix and i don't wanna mess with the slipper b/c I utilize it at the track. That's one of the main reasons why Mladin had problems with his start during his 06 race campaign. Weak clutch. My only suggestion would be to upgrade to a new clutch like a Yoyodyne slipper, like many of the roadracers have done.

you know revv. I, too, have an 06 1K and I have the exact same problem. I still haven't found a fix and i don't wanna mess with the slipper b/c I utilize it at the track. That's one of the main reasons why Mladin had problems with his start during his 06 race campaign. Weak clutch. My only suggestion would be to upgrade to a new clutch like a Yoyodyne slipper, like many of the roadracers have done.
Not all of the 1000s have the clutch problem
rock.gif

I have seen several at the track running a stock clutch and doing fine.

Back