GSXR 1k fender on Gen 1

Messenger05

Registered
Fam whats good, great to be associated with such an awesome group of Rider Owners. Can anyone help save me some Time, money and research? what year model GSXR 1K front fender fits on a Gen 1 Busa. Thanks in advance for any help with this Mod.

So rather than searching, you created a user account and want us to just tell you? Hmm.. There is a search function..

Welcome to the org!

I didnt do that just for a question to be answered. I have done some home work and the only results i have found is that an 03 -04 GSXR 1K fender fits on a Gen 2 busa. all others speak on grinding off one of the ears on the Gen 1 and some modified bracket. if i can eliminate doing all that i would like to. Now I have learned in life why allow someone to hit pitfalls continuely if there is something i can do or advise them how to do better. maybe you didnt get that memo, but i just sent it. Thanks for the warm welcome.

I don't know but someone will come up on the net and get you an answer I'm sure. Ignore the smart ass folks here.

I think everybody needs to calm down...... Its really not that serious :whistle: to answer your question no there isn't a gsxr 1000 or 600 front fender that will bolt on directly to a gen1. There are several that will bolt on a gen2. Just like your research said you will have to grind and fab up brackets to mount a gsxr fender on a gen1. There are a couple companies that make carbon fiber front fenders for a gen1 that resemble the gsxr look but they are in the upwards of $300. There is a step by step thread on another busa forum that shows in detail how to grind and fab up the brackets. That's what I did and it turned out pretty nice and cost less than $100 for the fender(ebay) and materials needed.

Gen-II shares a couple things with the GSXR1000. We've debated the looks before of the fender on the busa, but I really like mine.

We sell them, so I got a unpainted one (from myself) and sent it to my painter. He painted it to match the '08 and I squeezed it on. Perfect fit. Personally I love the look. Didn't anticipate that it shows off the front wheel and rotors a lot more, which is added bonus.

You can put a Gen-II fork on a Gen-I. See problem solved. ;)

BEFORE:

7426159208_d482a6c5e5_b.jpg

7829500358_5f75327571_b.jpg

7839605994_bba4d60f4e_b.jpg

AFTER:

7941464944_71004bcde8_b.jpg

7873224800_7423700cfd_b.jpg

We carry a decent range of body plastics you can check out here:
Body Plastics

:thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:
You could always swap to gen2 forks then the fender will mount up easy! :laugh:

Like they said, gotta get a lil dirty to make it work, goodluck :thumbsup:

Yup those are the CF front fenders I was talking about that had a similar GSXR look to them. Coerce and Magical Racing both make a front fender but like I mentioned before they are around the neighborhood of $300. You could buy a set of Gsxr front forks or Gen 2 forks for that price and be able to do the swap and upgrade your front end for that price though :whistle:

Back