GSXR 1000 Tank Slapper HELP

GSXR1000 is quite a light sportbike (probably the lightest in its class) , being so light giving some + but also - . I'm using a damper on my 1000 (GPR-V4) , it gives the bike more controlable riding .

Same bike and brand new only 600 miles on it. Two different times and different roads. Iam wondering if the tire from the factory is just a bad tire. Or the light wieght rider theory might be the issue. He only pushing 140 lbs. Maybe the suspension setup is not set up correctly either! Well thanks for the ideas guys. I wonder if using heavier oil in the factory stabilizer will help like some of the busa's.
I had to re-awake this thread. I feel you bro. I read through this and noboby understands the problem. Im thinking it might be in a mis-adjustment in the front shocks. That is if you never fixed it. I was riding with my homey whipping on his zx14 and i was under hard accel, no shifting. Maybe xX65 4th or 5th gear mph full throttle. The bike started tank slapping, left-right-left-right. Im used to it. When i let off it stops but if i keep accelerating at any speed it will wobble like it has found its akilies heel of speed and front fork rake. As i said, check your front shocks like some mentioned. Maybe its got something to do with a mis adjustment in the compression/spring rate, or a under inflated tire.

I run a diablo corsa on the front and a shinko street tire on the back (cause perelli dont make a 200 diablo) so its not my tire. Im also a armature road racer and my gix 600 dont do it and its like 350 hp.
laugh.gif

Back