Green Hornet soon to be no more...

Rollin20z

Registered
For me at least...

Well I have been working on selling a few bikes to gain some room. Decided I would knock down the busa heard to 2, keep a Gen 1 & Gen 2 so I could cover the spectrum. Anyhow sold the 06 Burgundy last month after returning it to mostly stock, buyer is military and now she is relocated to Missouri.

Anyhow he had a buddy military also with him when he picked it up which was riding a chromed/stretched black/chrome 954 which was wanting to move on up to the better time Busa status.:laugh: And I just so happened to have another 07 on the block as next to go. Ya'll may remember it as originally done up in the Ed Hardy paint scheme which I wasn't feeling at all. just bought it for the bike itself and not looks. Ended up selling the complete set fairings,tank and all and just picked up a set of Blue/Purple transitioning paint just so it wasn't sitting naked.

He liked that bike with the stretch and chrome but wasn't all to keen on the purple look, he tried to get me to come off the Green Hornet in all her green/black beauty but I just wasn't ready to let her go. And we came to a conclusion I would change color on purple one for him, decided to go black as black & chrome always looks good.

Shot it and got him to come check it out before I reassembled totally(black fairings just sitting on in pic) and he liked it a lot but just wouldn't get off the green hornet cause he said a few of his buddies have seen me around on it and it just stands out because there is no other like it around and it is sharp.

Any as it turns out the previous few days before while redoing the fairings black I had been thinking about some new paint ideas for me. When he came by he loved the black/chrome but I could tell he was still wanting the green. Soooo I figured I would feel him out on it.:whistle: told him I still wasn't letting go of the bike but I may be willing to let go of the green fairings for some more ching-a-ling :laugh:

Gave him a dollar amount and well, switching fairings I awent. So now I guess I will throw the black fairings on mine and run the blacked out stealth look till I get my other fairings painted up how I want. At first I wasn't sure how the green would go with the chrome but after all was in and done I think she came out pretty good looking. Told my buddy last night I almost like it enough to just give him a call and say I changed my mind and am gonna keep it a while. Which with the way he has been calling and checking on it I'm sure it would deflate his sails pretty good. :rofl:

But, I think i'll just send her to a new home, keep my 1 & 2 I got for now and maybe picking up another and doing up a turbo bike to play with this winter.

Here's her transformations.

DSCN0791.jpg

DSCN7796.jpg

DSCN7940.jpg

DSCN8051.jpg

DSCN8115.jpg

DSCN8029.jpg

DSCN7694.jpg

Rollinz that green was kinda sick on that chrome.....but a clean black bike is always nice. Maybe I need to bring my plastic over let you just spray away on them.:poke:

What color ?

Take your pick. :laugh:

i liked the ed hardy paint.

My neighbor is pimping those plastics now.

Rollinz that green was kinda sick on that chrome..

That was the way she left out of here the other day, you may see her around town. Actually a guy named Byron got her, he was on a black/chrome CBR1000. But now he has seen the light.:thumbsup:

I have to agree, the green and chrome looks sweet.

Yeah it does, doesn't it! :whistle:

nice looking bikes...The stock looking all blacked out one is awsome!!

personally...chrome looks blingy...and that green is a kaw color..

Looks good, but my favorite flavor of green has got to be Jalapeno Green that was the color of my `99 Ford Ranger...one of them colors seemed like people either loved it or hated it, not much in-between.
Have been thinking the `68 Stingray would look good Jalapeno Green...probably cost a fortune though (?)

Im not much of a fan as far as chrome goes but that green w/the chrome doesnt look bad,ive been leaning on a white paint job for my 08 or maybe get crazy and go w/the green,always liked the kawi green

??? So, what clothes do your current bikes wear?

Down to just 2 busa's now, a Gen 1 & Gen 2. Currently the 2 is wearing a new all orange different from stock 08 but still sporting the black inner's. got another set I'm working on, maybe gonna do an all blue with the sublime green worked in there somehow. Can't decide yet??? And the 1 is naked right now since I took the green off for the 07 I just got rid of, decided while it was down I would do a few things to her. Updating front end with radial brake set-up,may switch out the Marvic's fpor a set of Marchesini's I have but have just been collectiong dust for a while, and put the Marvic's on the gen 2.

Only thing is doing that when I bought the Marchesini's they sent me a 08 GSXR1000 front wheel with a Gen 1 rear wheel and then decided to go out of business :whistle: So I'm working on the spacers needed now. And the Gen 2 will have Gen 1 wheels. :laugh: And I'll probably completely black out the gen 1 for now until I get a chance to do up some other fairings for it.

Middle pic is as it is sitting now waiting for parts, last pic was just with black plastics laid on to get an idea.

DSCN7962.jpg

DSCN8172.jpg

DSCN8060.jpg

I dig that green.Looks like you have an obsession with busas.How do you like those shorty tips??I bought one and it seems to idle smoother and doesnt buck on the lowend when I am cruising in town anymore and its loud.

Back