Helping the planet..going green my way.

Rollin20z

Registered
Since Brett tried to jack my fairings, or maybe he was trying to take the wheels but didn't know how to get them off so he started by removing all the fairings :laugh: I decided to do my part and help the planet and go green. Think they would be proud? :laugh:

Actually did this color on my 06 gen 1 once and when I sold the 07 the guy who bought it had to have them instead of the black that was on it, so I gave him a price to make him say no but he had to have them. He paid and I swapped them out. So in a way I guess I wasn't done with this color yet so I figured I'd give it another shot.

Got tied up today and didn't get any outdoor pics so I 'll try and get a few in the daylight and post later and maybe it'll show up the pearl a little better.

Now I just need to redo the brocks plate,find the black key & get a GiPro indicator in green.

And a big thanks to Don(lankeeyankee) I gave him a extra set of gauges and he redid them with white led's which I think will look better with the green instead of the blue ilumiglo I had on it blue. :thumbsup:

DSCN1117.jpg

DSCN1125.jpg

That looks awesome !!! I actually hate green but it looks great on the busa.... Nice work !!:thumbsup:

I loved that color on your gen1, looks good here too. Hey, maybe you can sell that to chatanooga Busa since he insist on riding something green :rofl:

Oh, and go buy more fairings man, you keep repainting really good lookin sets, what's wrong with you. :laugh:

Smellphone via Forum Runner

That's sharp but the blue is still better:whistle:
:laugh:

From my dunce stool :cookoo:

The Kanji is crooked. Start over. Send me those fairings I'll dispose of them properly. :poke:

I loved that color on your gen1, looks good here too. Hey, maybe you can sell that to chatanooga Busa since he insist on riding something green :rofl:

Oh, and go buy more fairings man, you keep repainting really good lookin sets, what's wrong with you. :laugh:
That's sharp but the blue is still better:whistle:
:laugh:

Thanks guys ! Haven't done anything with the blue ones yet, there still blue for now.:laugh: They'll go into the think tank.

DSCN1109.jpg

i dont think thats what they mean by going green haha

Well, I gave it my best effort. :whistle:

The Kanji is crooked. Start over. Send me those fairings I'll dispose of them properly. :poke:

It is actually, ??? but that green was only about 45 min dry when I laid them so there was no do overs w/o rebasing & repainting green so I said WTF, it should IMO the bottom be swept back about another 1-1 1/4", tops fine but should be on more of an angle. Little breeze made the bottom grab and it sucked in like static cling. At least the crossed eyed people will never notice. :laugh:

But in all honesty I actually took it out for a ride to help dry the paint and I did a brake check at a 150 and the g-force generated actually slid it forward because there was no clear to hold it in place. :laugh:

Looks good, man. I especially like the lighting change in the gauges. I always hated that amber business. :thumbsup:

Figured they would go better than the blue glo gauges when it was blue. And anything is better than the original orange. At least to me. :whistle:

DSCN1125.jpg

DSCN6667.jpg

DSCN0732.jpg

I like the indiglo! Also, why do you have a GIpro?

I like them too but the white just looks better with the green. Besides there still set-up if another color comes along and it only takes about 10 min to swap them out if wanted.

I'm guessing old age. :whistle:

That's most of it :laugh: and with only having 1 good eye you don't even need to look to see it, it's easily caught in your peripheral vision not like that little grey one in the cluster. Or maybe it's just that I have always put them on all my bikes and now I'm spoiled and feel lost without it. ???

Sure, the factory looks easy to see in the pics but put them both out in the sunlight while riding and it's totally different.

Back