Great Day for a Ride...

stkr00

Slower Traffic Keep Right ! ! &#
Donating Member
Registered
Great day for a ride today........IF you own a friggin snowmobile.
laugh.gif

I just figured I'd share my weather by taking a few pics and sharing them with all of you. I know there are others that have it worse than I do, but it still sucks azz. The winds are supposed to be gusty near 40 mph, and more snow falling through midnight.

The County Fire Dispatch even announced a Snow Emergency for tonight, and stated emphatically that "Travel is NOT advised" due to white-out conditions. Go figure.

All I need now is for some snowmobiler to go through the ice and they call out for the Dive Rescue Team. That would be a lot of fun.

Here's the pics. Looking through the front glass door. Left to Right.

What a mess! Nice neighborhood though.
smile.gif

Florida winters are very nice, but we'll get ours in the summer. Sweltering heat and humidity, not to mention hurricanes, will keep me off the bike and in the car with the AC working overtime.

Is there a place we can all move to where it is 78 degrees all year long?

so where's the sled?
rock.gif
Get out there and play.
laugh.gif
You're right cold water rescues do suck. Hopefully everyone will use their heads and stay safe.

Hey stkr I'm guessin' that you must deliver the U.S. mail in that truck with the little red light on top....
laugh.gif
tounge.gif
ices_rofl.gif
wink.gif

That's pretty ugly lookin weather. Carefull on the ice canopy diving if you do get called out. Make sure your regs are rated for that temp or they can malfunction. Better yet mark the location and wait for things to thaw out and then retrieve them. I do like the snow though it looks cool.
smile.gif

And here I was bitchen cause the temp didn't get above 55F and the crosswinds were played havic on us. The snow looks great, but please keep it. Down here if we want snow we drive up to the mountain tops.

Hey stkr I'm guessin' that you must deliver the U.S. mail in that truck with the little red light on top....
laugh.gif
tounge.gif
ices_rofl.gif
wink.gif
laugh.gif

Normally the light is inside the truck, but I put it on before the snow came just in case the dive team got a call. It sucks trying to clear off the truck before you even leave to respond.
wink.gif

laugh.gif

wink.gif

That's pretty ugly lookin weather. Carefull on the ice canopy diving if you do get called out. Make sure your regs are rated for that temp or they can malfunction. Better yet mark the location and wait for things to thaw out and then retrieve them. I do like the snow though it looks cool.
smile.gif
All my gear is rated for ice diving. Dacor Viper - Metal and Octopus. They're not the highest quality, but they're definitely not on the cheap end either.

We actually have training in the morning, but I'm not sure if we're actually diving, or just working on the canopy rescue ops. Should be fun...it supposed to be a lovely 6 degrees in the morning.
wow.gif

so where's the sled?
rock.gif
Get out there and play.
laugh.gif
You're right cold water rescues do suck. Hopefully everyone will use their heads and stay safe.
I don't have a sled. To me, getting a sled would be like me saying I like the snow. It just wouldn't be right.
laugh.gif

In a couple of years, we're moving back down South to where it's warm. We moved up here for the work, but as soon as the daughter is out of school...We're out of here.
biggrin.gif

laugh.gif

Plenty of room here in Texas, did someone spill soap suds all over the place outside??? What is with all that white stuff all over?? 6 degrees?? I think you forgot a digit in the 60's here all this week.Ok, that's enuff smartassisms for the day.
Jay

I swear I soon as the daughter is out of High School, I'm gonna drive South  with a snow shovel, and when someone asks me what the hell that wierd shovel is for, then that's where I'll start lookin for a place to live.
laugh.gif

<!--EDIT|stkr00
Reason for Edit: None given...|1106568200 -->

BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR....

Don't post pics of cold stuff!

I hate winter...and I'm surrounded by ice here...and the heat in my office isn't working...**shiver**

I swear I soon as the daughter is out of High School, I'm gonna drive South  with a snow shovel, and when someone asks me what the hell that wierd shovel is for, then that's where I'll start lookin for a place to live.
laugh.gif
Awesome idea. We got about 6 more inches here in eastern Iowa, nothing like your pictures show there. Snow sux!

Back