GPS

Just mounted Zumo 550 to my Busa and paired with Scala Rider headset and Treo 700P phone. All work well. Need to hard wire GPS to bike and post pictures to this Org.

I won't bore yo all with the details... but stay away from Magellan!
i love me Magellan!
deadhorse.gif

I see
SHOCKED.gif
all these New GPS units with their big screens and such. BUT, to they still SHOW:

True Speed
Average Speed
Time To
Time From
Distance to
Distance From
Lat and Long settings
Multi Way Points

From all the lit. I read, NONE say anything about the above. Just you got music, cell phone and different color screens with directions !

So does the ZUMO do this stuff
dunno.gif
 ? So far, my Garmim V seems better to me . Except it's small and hard to read at night doing
race.gif
True Speed, Yes
Average Speed, Yes
Time To, Yes
Time From, Not sure
Distance to, Yes
Distance From, Not sure
Lat and Long settings, Yes
Multi Way Points, Oh Yes

Plus pictures, music, Satelite traffic updates, bluetooth and a host of other SEPARATORS! (Those features that help SERPARATE U from your money!)

I see
SHOCKED.gif
all these New GPS units with their big screens and such. BUT, to they still SHOW:

True Speed
Average Speed
Time To
Time From
Distance to
Distance From
Lat and Long settings
Multi Way Points

From all the lit. I read, NONE say anything about the above. Just you got music, cell phone and different color screens with directions !

So does the ZUMO do this stuff
dunno.gif
 ? So far, my Garmim V seems better to me . Except it's small and hard to read at night doing
race.gif
True Speed, Yes
Average Speed, Yes
Time To, Yes
Time From, Not sure
Distance to, Yes
Distance From, Not sure
Lat and Long settings, Yes
Multi Way Points, Oh Yes

Plus pictures, music, Satelite traffic updates, bluetooth and a host of other SEPARATORS! (Those features that help SERPARATE U from your money!)
+1
thumb_up.gif

The Navigon is a great tool but the battery time is non-existant. It must be hard wired.

I have a Nuvi 350 Garmin ... love it. It small - flat and will run about 3-4 hours on its charge. No bluetooth though (I hate phones) (the Nuvi 360 has bluetooth
thumb_up.gif
... will play mp3s though the sound isn't as good as from an IPOD. No buttons - and the touch screen works through my summer and fall gloves (live in Canada). Works for me. Deadeye

I too have the garmin I have the 360 because I love bluetooth! I am on my second one (First one flew off the bike :( ) The second one I got on ebay for 140 bucks! Free shipping! And its the 09 model brand new in box.

Just trying to sort out the mount :(

I have been using my navigation on my cell phone, on my bike, voice recognition for programming, with the voice directions I don't have to even take my eyes off the road to get where I want to go, it's also my mp3 player. If you are looking for the other cool features like the speed display an stuff Zumo looks real tight kinda rich for my blood though.

Last edited:
I have a TomTom One 3rd edition, and really like it! I got it for free so that made it even better!! So far I mainly use it for the speed accuracy as I know where I am going most of the time. I just figured out how to install my own start up/shut down screen image and even put one up for share. I like how it actually shows curves in the road before you reach them. I also installed a few voices like Darth Vader, Eric Cartman (South Park), and George W. Bush.

Maybe I will upgrade to a more advanced unit in the future that has bluetooth and mp3 capabilities, but for now this one rocks!!:thumbsup:

Back