GPS

Zumo 550, if you want the best. Do a search plenty of info on them here. Also do a google search, and check c/net lots of reviews on all gps units. Some like the TomTom Rider, but I'm partial to the Garmin.
thumb_up.gif

Navigon has come a long way since they started... as far as in general, you won't find a GPS with that many bells and whistles (Navigon). The "Real View" is really tite and I would love to try one. Nothing wrong with it IMO, but I am POSITIVE that it will not be anywhere near as bike friendly as the zumo with its BIG buttons. You will also have to find a way to power it on the bike and modify the mount since it will most likely be suction cupped for a windshield. Go play with one, they are neat though!

I see
SHOCKED.gif
all these New GPS units with their big screens and such. BUT, to they still SHOW:

True Speed
Average Speed
Time To
Time From
Distance to
Distance From
Lat and Long settings
Multi Way Points

From all the lit. I read, NONE say anything about the above. Just you got music, cell phone and different color screens with directions !

So does the ZUMO do this stuff
dunno.gif
 ? So far, my Garmim V seems better to me . Except it's small and hard to read at night doing
race.gif

I won't bore yo all with the details... but stay away from Magellan!

TomTom 1 is now $149.95 practically ANYWHERE, great unit, simple, effective, does the job without bells & whistles. Love mine.

Tom1.JPG

I won't bore yo all with the details... but stay away from Magellan!
hmmm....that's odd...i just bought my wife a "magellan miestro"...normally about $500+ but radio shack had a sale for $450...talk to text...poi...bluetoothed to her cell...and it's a damn impressive unit...her and the girls just got back from a holiday vacation to the mountains...ashville...maggie valley...never missed a lick and she's tickled pink with it.

i'll dang sure be "borrowing it" for my busa bash trips!
biggrin.gif

i think it rox!
biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

I have a Nuvi 350 Garmin ... love it. It small - flat and will run about 3-4 hours on its charge. No bluetooth though (I hate phones) (the Nuvi 360 has bluetooth
thumb_up.gif
... will play mp3s though the sound isn't as good as from an IPOD. No buttons - and the touch screen works through my summer and fall gloves (live in Canada). Works for me. Deadeye

Zumo 550

A friend of mine bought a TOM tom to save money. He saw the Zumo, took the tom tom back.

This is what I have to play with this riding season. It might take some time to get any GPS unit dialed in correctly if you arn't familiar with them. there are online manuals too!

Tom_Tom.jpg

I've had great luck with the Garmin Quest 2. Runs on litium battery for about 15 hours and slips into your shirt pocket. I use mine in my car and boat, as well. Waterproof, vibration proof and lots of accessories available like RAM mounts and power adapters.
I think if you'll research you'll find that garmin has the best map info, also.
Be careful though, I find myself looking down at my GPS going through unfamiliar twisties for an indication of what's ahead. It's great for that but just remember how quick the Busa clicks off the feet/per second!

Nick

Back