GPS question??

KappaSigBusa

Registered
anyone used the Garmin zumo 660? how does it stack up to the 550????
I'm looking at both. thanks in advance
B001OMGVMY-1-th.jpg

GARZ550.jpg

We've got the 550.... anxious to see how the new one compares. Good thread!

i mean it looks cleaner and they removed the buttons the new 3D view options look good and the price is under $700 which scares me a little lol since the 550 is still high???
hoping someone might have used one

I like the looks of it as well... if folks think it's the next best thing - I'll wire the bikes for it that haven't been wired for the 550.....

(we've got 4 bikes and I'm looking for #5 at the moment...)

yes, i've got a 660 and it is hardwired...the main differences are the 550 has the hookup for the XM antenna and the 660 is wider, thinner, and has a larger screen :beerchug: let me know any specific questions you have and i'll try to get an answer

I've been reading almost no positive reviews about the 660 everyone LOVES the 550 and i am having trouble finding positive reviews on the 660. any issues with the mini sd card? Do the newest firmware updates address issues with late voice notification on turns or street names not showing up? TIA

i've had mine since this Spring and have put over 10,000 miles on it on the bike and a few more in the cage...it didn't recognize the mini sd card one time and when i pulled it out and reinserted it, it picked it right back up and i haven't had any problems since then...i haven't had any issues with late notifications at all

i have a Chatterbox installed on my helmet and a Blackberry phone which i carry either in my pants pocket or the Ventura pack mounted on the back of the bike so everything connects by bluetooth

thanks a lot semi! I think i will go with the 660 the price is good and i like the looks of it. I have chatterbox XBi2 units for my gf and I and my phone has weather and serius radio so i don't need the XM :thumbsup:

Back