GP Sensor..!

NorthFace

Registered
I wanted to see what TRE could actually do to ridding of my bike. I have an hayabusa 99 unrestricted....

I red in the service manual, that if the GPS sensor is defective or no signal is received from it it will default to gear 6.. Exactly what I want to test 1-2-3 and see it this helped or not the drivability..

Only drawback was the lost of the neutral light.. No FI light no nothing, just can't start the bike anymore on the bike stand....

Can anyone tell me if the TRE has any effect on an 1999 hayabusa... Because it is said that it will lower the rpm and make it difficult to start and I haven't noticed any difference in the RPM it runs wheter its in 1 or 6th gear,..

THANKS!!!

Confused here.
rock.gif

Wow, never heard of the loss of the neutral light with a TRE, or any of the othere items. From what I have read about them it only impacts is at higher speeds. Would contact the maker of the TRE and see what they say.
Then again why even do it?

Wow, never heard of the loss of the neutral light with a TRE, or any of the othere items. From what I have read about them it only impacts is at higher speeds. Would contact the maker of the TRE and see what they say.
Then again why even do it?
you will lose the neutral light and the FI light comes on if the wires in the tre are not correct. I made my own switchable tre and at first i ahd the wires crosses and had same problem. once it was fixed i can tell a difference when it is on and when it is off. I have an 04 though

The only thing the TRE will do for a '99 or '00 model will smooth out the 1st through 3rd gears. And the way the connectors are made for the TRE, you should not ever cross them. It's like one of those benches that one-year olds play on with the holes in them and they have to try and place the right shapes into the holes...
biggrin.gif
It's not rocket science you know?
rock.gif
tounge.gif
laugh.gif

The only thing the TRE will do for a '99 or '00 model will smooth out the 1st through 3rd gears.  And the way the connectors are made for the TRE, you should not ever cross them.  It's like one of those benches that one-year olds play on with the holes in them and they have to try and place the right shapes into the holes...
biggrin.gif
 It's not rocket science you know?
rock.gif
tounge.gif
laugh.gif
Same as what bacharles said....
biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

Back