Got the email...

BusaCruise

speachless
Donating Member
Registered
I like being the under dog...using services that others shun... and generally bucking the trends.
For example... ipods .... there are so many other products out there that can do the same...even more...and cost so much less...and allow you to put the kind of media you want on it.
Most of my spite comes from early ipod exposure where everything about it is proprietary ... kind of like the zune is offering now.
So I go with Sandisk...lol

Anyways...I am guessing that neither of the two companies are doing well enough on their own respectively ... so my beloved Sirius and that demon seed XM are merging.
In this case...I have had lots of XM exposure in my rental cars ..... and as always can't wait to get back to Sirius. The selection is worth a million on the Sirius side...serious!
laugh.gif

I am wondering what the cost of the tuners is going to do when this is complete....there will be only one service ...even though there are several makes of the tuners... anyone think the service providers will pressure for higher prices?

Who else got the email?

If anything subscription prices should go down as soon as they lay off half their workforce.

Someone else will step up to offer some type of service....its the American way.

What is the definition of a monopoly?

My bet is that none of our tuners will work now and they will make us buy new ones. That aint happening.

All of you Sirius users will have to go and have a new chip put in to accept XM.
all_coholic.gif

I think that the service will continue for the same price, and if you want to add the other, you'll have to pay ....

(BusaCruise @ Feb. 23 2007,17:40) I of the two companies are doing well enough on their own respectively ... so my beloved Sirius and that demon seed XM are merging.
In this case...I have had lots of XM exposure in my rental cars ..... and as always can't wait to get back to Sirius.  The selection is worth a million on the Sirius side...serious!
laugh.gif

I am wondering what the cost of the tuners is going to do when this is complete....there will be only one service ...even though there are several makes of the tuners... anyone think the service providers will pressure for higher prices?

Who else got the email?
So what does Sirius have that XM does not??? I've always wondered?

rock.gif

they have been discussing this for several days in the investment community...it is possible but i, for one, will be very surprised if this makes it past the regulatory boards- way too many indications of a monopoly which would not benefit the consumer, if these two join there is no way a small start-up company could compete...just my $.02

anyway, the only thing Sirius has that i wish XM did is the NFL...they also have Howard Stern if you like listening to him

(guido4512 @ Feb. 23 2007,19:56)
(BusaCruise @ Feb. 23 2007,17:40) I of the two companies are doing well enough on their own respectively ... so my beloved Sirius and that demon seed XM are merging.
In this case...I have had lots of XM exposure in my rental cars ..... and as always can't wait to get back to Sirius.  The selection is worth a million on the Sirius side...serious!
laugh.gif

Who else got the email?
So what does Sirius have that XM does not??? I've always wondered?

rock.gif
SIRIUS HAS MUCH BETTER PROGRAMMING. IN MY OPINION, I THINK XM IS SUB PAR WHEN IT COMES TO THEIR PROGRAMMING.

I HAVE BEEN INSTALLING MOBILE ELECTRONICS NOW FOR 6 YRS AND THERE IS ONE THING THAT I CAN SAY. XM HAS GREAT SIGNAL, SOUND QUALITY AND COVERAGE. SIRIUS HAS BY FAR THAT BETTER PROGRAMMING OF THE TWO. THE ONLY THING ABOUT SIRIUS IS THE SIGNAL IS EASILY INTERRUPTED.

EXAMPLE, I COULD INSTALL AN XM SAT. TUNER AND LISTEN TO THE PROGRAMMING INSIDE THE INSTALL BAY. FOR SIRIUS I HAD TO BACK THE CAR OUT ATLEAST 100FT AWAY FROM THE BUILDING BEFORE I COULD GE A SIGNAL.

THIS MERGE IS SOMETHING THAT I NEVER THOUGHT WOULD HAPPEN. NOW THAT IT IS GOING TO, I AM INTERESTED TO SEE WHATS GOING TO HAPPEN WITH THE SATELLITE PROGRAMMING....

I guess I'm too old to buy into all this subscription lifestyle. Instead, I rip tunes off free internet shoutcast.com music, using winamp and stream ripper, and put it on CDR for unlimited free MP3 music

I have heard that your sirus tuner will only work with sirus programing and the same for xm... Until they figure the merge out in the next year... Then you will have to buy a completley new tuner to get both services...

I have sirius . They have more programing now they have nascar and you can listen to all the drivers talk to there crew cheif .Howard stern bubba the love sponge .Awesome rock channels . Only bad thing is nowi have to buy another mp3 player because my ipod doesnt have a tuner .. love it will never listen to free radio again..no commercials ...

XM has tons of commercials. Everytime I sit through a stint of them it pisses me off and makes we wonder why I pay for it.

they say the programing wont change just that you get more chanels once the merge is complete oh and sirius rocks and
guns.gif
xm sucks

(ozzy04 @ Feb. 23 2007,22:14) .  

I HAVE BEEN INSTALLING MOBILE ELECTRONICS NOW FOR 6 YRS AND THERE IS ONE THING THAT I CAN SAY.  XM HAS GREAT SIGNAL, SOUND QUALITY AND COVERAGE.  SIRIUS HAS BY FAR THAT BETTER PROGRAMMING OF THE TWO.  THE ONLY THING ABOUT SIRIUS IS THE SIGNAL IS EASILY INTERRUPTED.  

EXAMPLE, I COULD INSTALL AN XM SAT. TUNER AND LISTEN TO THE PROGRAMMING INSIDE THE INSTALL BAY.  FOR SIRIUS I HAD TO BACK THE CAR OUT ATLEAST 100FT AWAY FROM THE BUILDING BEFORE I COULD GE A SIGNAL.
Must be a geographical thing cause its just the opposite here xm wont even work when your in down town Sirius does and when I do installs on semis xm has to have there antenna outside the truck I put the Sirius antenna in the sleeper with no problems.

Back