got the busa out

superbusaman

Registered
first warm dry day in ny today so i took the busa out...i narrowed it down to the engine cutting out at about 7-8rpm in 3rd gear....i have never had a problem before any suggestions? soon as it dies(and feels like your going over the handle bars) it gets right back like nothing happened until the 7-8rpm range

Did you put fuel stabilizer in before storage? Also my want to check that your battery is fully charged.

I had something similar happen to me on my VMAX years ago. I could jump on it ,it would pull hard, and then would act like you just shut off the key and turned it back on a couple of seconds later. On a hunch I metered my kickstand safty switch. Bingo. Bypassed it and it acted fine. Might be worth checking it, and maybe the kill switch too.

Even with Stabil, your gas could have gone bad over the winter. It sounds like a fuel problem wether it be bad gas, a filter, or the fuel pump.

back to cold weather so i will have to wait a bit before i can test it out...just will have to make sure not to leave without a cell phone or rid with a buddy

(superbusaman @ Mar. 27 2007,14:16) first warm dry day in ny today so i took the busa out...i narrowed it down to the engine cutting out at about 7-8rpm in 3rd gear....i have never had a problem before any suggestions? soon as it dies(and feels like your going over the handle bars) it gets right back like nothing happened until the 7-8rpm range
What year is your bike and how many miles
rock.gif

its an 03 with close to 9000.....someone suggested to disconnect the rpm light(i have one of those datatool rpm lights where u can set it as a shift light) but i doubt its that

Take your injectors off and clean them, uwont believe  how much gunk is in them, your bike is starving for fuel, they are clogged! as well put your bike in to Dealer mode and get the c# readout on the dash!

Back