Got rid of the Busa!!!

ssg_petty_210

Registered
Okay so after a few problems with my Busa, I got really fed up with it. Though my dream bike is a Busa, I still let it go. There are a couple reasons why I got rid of it. One was this particular busa was becoming a money pit for me, and at this current time that is unacceptable. Two, I will be purchasing a brand spankin new Gen 2 here in the next few months, so I did not see the need to own two Hayabusa's. So I figured I can have my Gen 2 which I will call the show stopper, and I have my GSXR 750 to cut corners with. This is my GSXR 750. It is an 01 with alot of aftermarket parts. I have stomped the heck out of my friends k10 GSXR 1k. Here are the pics.
gsxr2.jpg

gsxr3.jpg

gsxr4.jpg

gsxr5.jpg

mygsxr.jpg

gsxr.jpg

As everyone can see the back is really high, and the bike is stretched. I will lower the back end about 2 maybe 3 inches to take the pressure off my wrists and give it a more comfortable ride. Even with the stretch, I can still carve the corners pretty hard. The rear tire is also a 200, and handles just as well as a 190. Some of the mods on this bike include, stretch kit, vortex sprockets, velocity stacks, KN air filter, power commander, aftermarket chain, zero gravity windscreen, spike bolts, little mirrors that are to small for me to see out of lol, 200 rear tire upgrade, custom exhaust, fender eliminator kit, expensive LED light kit which is controlled by its own seperate key fob. Does 1000 different designs, lowered front, powder coated wheels and other powder coated parts. Im sure im missing some things, but you get the idea. This bike is old but has been well kept, and rides awesome. Again I will be buying a new busa soon, but this will do for now. I just have to deal with the questions like, "WHY DO YOU HAVE BUSA PATCHES ON YOUR VEST WHEN YOUR NOT ON A BUSA." LOL Anyway, let me know what yall think.

If you leave your new Busa stock, it will NOT be a money pit. Modding it will make it another money pit..........

I had an 03 GSX-R 600 Alstare and loved that bike. I could throw it from side to side like it was a rag doll. Had a lot of fun on that bike, then some one pulled out in front of me and the bike went end over end 3 times. Then came the Busa, the rest is not important :)

If you want to carve the corners, get a stock swingarm and put the bike back to stock height. The front looks slammed.

The bike was not hard to throw around corners with the stretch the way it was. It handled pretty well. But anyway, the deal was to jacked up, and long story short. I got my Busa back, and I am really happy. I got the issues dealt with, and there is nothing wrong withe bike anymore. I also threw a few mods on it. Here are the pics of how she sits now.
310463_267577713264012_100000353565197_948105_964478300_n-1.jpg

316386_267683459920104_100000353565197_948275_1966891061_n.jpg

305405_268126509875799_100000353565197_949864_2128961155_n.jpg

308409_268125676542549_100000353565197_949861_1898382525_n.jpg

It was meant to be.
I prefer stock look myself..especially my gen1, this new one, maybe a different exhaust, thats all, nothing else.
Glad things worked out for you.

Thanks. Yeah I agree, this Busa was meant to stay with me lol. I threw on the chrome roaring toyz kickstand last night, and looks great. Also picked up a nice new helmet. I'll post more pics.

...you got your Busa back?.....so you had traded your Busa for the 750?

If that pic is on Hwy 190......be careful.

Pretty bike :)

Hard to say whats going on with the geometry with the front slammed like that and the rear stretched out. I don't know how hard to throw that thing through corners but I would be careful. Having the front lowered that much drasticly effects ground clearance. Could also posibly cause stability issues.

Whats wrong with your buddies GSXR?

That was how I got the bike, and I was going to set the suspension up the way I wanted it. I was not one to like the high rear on it. Basically I traded my busa for that gsxr because next month I was going to buy a k11 Busa, and didnt see the point in having two. So I would have the 750 to throw around, and the busa for my other enjoyment ride. Come to find out, which Im upset I didnt catch it, but the guy never put the gsxr in his name, therefor I couldnt register the bike. I tried to get a bond, but couldnt do that either, so they wanted me to go to court, and then pay a huge fee. I then said screw that, and told the guy he needs to trade me back. He understood, and apologized for the crap he put me through, so we traded back. Im glad I traded back, because after some other issues, I would have had to wait a bit longer to get my gen 2. But now I will just keep this one, do a nice build on it, and end up with a newer gsxr 1k. But I am glad to be back on my busa, so this one is def meant to be.

Yes it was on HWY 190, the HWY where people dont know how to drive. Im sure your familiar with the Fort Hood/Killeen drivers lol.
And yes, I ran my buddes gsxr 1k and beat him by two bike lengths. After pulling the seat and lifting the tank, I found the gsxr had a few other mods. It had kn filter, velocity stacks, and a PC. Bike was really well taken care of. I had fun on it, but overall, im just happy to have my baby back.

like the wal mart bicycle mirrors ;) , had the same ones cause they wouldnt let me through the front gate without mirrors

Back