Got rearended what to do next?

That SuCKS DUDE !!! Get a Lawyer !!!!!!!!! The Lady that I Hit with My Wifes OLD Escalade Sued my Insurance Company and Got paid out. I didn't Pay a Thing so Your Not Hurting the Driver that THANK GOD did Try to Avoid Hitting You Direct On !!!
thumb_up.gif

get a lawyer,and dont worry about it being drawn out,theres no sweat off your ass,they do all the leg work,took me 4 yrs to settle a car accident,I got over 6 figures,even with the lawyers cut,its gonna be alot more then the $700 and change your looking at now.

oh yeah,the insurance company I sued was ALLSTATE,they always,always drag things out.I dont know why anyone uses them,they are notorious for this.I have always used Nationwide,they are quick to settle any claim,last yr a storm knocked down a tree in my yard,I made a phone call,they asked what kind of tree and how tall,5 days later had a ck for $1500...if I knew that I would have told them it was a redwood..haha

Cost of repair plus medical bills X3 is usually the rule of thumb. Don't expect to become a Millionaire. If you get an attorney, he will get a third of that. Try to settle without the attorney. Contact Allstate and bug the **** out of them until they fold.

LAWYER!
Sure they get a healthy chunk. But, look at what they do. They get greedy insurance companies to fork it over.
Something you or I are unable (due to legalese terms, hidden clauses) to do.
SO, get a lawyer and get paid. You may have to wait for a year or so, but so what. $15,000 is a much
better investment than $704 wouldn't you say? Hell, that's 1/3 of a years salary and you don't even have
to do all the work.

It's a no brainer dude. L A W Y E R T I M E !!!!!!
lurk.gif

LAWYER!  
Sure they get a healthy chunk.  But, look at what they do.  They get greedy insurance companies to fork it over.
SO, get a lawyer and get paid.  You may have to wait for a year or so, but so what.  $15,000 is a much
better investment than $704 wouldn't you say?  Hell, that's 1/3 of a years salary and you don't even have
to do all the work.

It's a no brainer dude.   L A W Y E R   T I M E !!!!!!    
lurk.gif
I am going on three years now, and the old girl that ran the stop sign got a ticket too! It takes a long time to get your money, but better to get it than let them screw you out of it.
After my deposition late last year, my Lawyer went to school with the insurance company's lawyer. they were going out to lunch afterwards, and my attorney says, "Good job not asking my client what the driver was doing", he says "No brain er, we all know she was on the phone when she ran the stop sign"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Remember its business, its not personal.

LAWYER!
Sure they get a healthy chunk. But, look at what they do. They get greedy insurance companies to fork it over.
SO, get a lawyer and get paid. You may have to wait for a year or so, but so what. $15,000 is a much
better investment than $704 wouldn't you say? Hell, that's 1/3 of a years salary and you don't even have
to do all the work.

It's a no brainer dude. L A W Y E R T I M E !!!!!!
lurk.gif
I am going on three years now, and the old girl that ran the stop sign got a ticket too! It takes a long time to get your money, but better to get it than let them screw you out of it.
After my deposition late last year, my Lawyer went to school with the insurance company's lawyer. they were going out to lunch afterwards, and my attorney says, "Good job not asking my client what the driver was doing", he says "No brain er, we all know she was on the phone when she ran the stop sign"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Remember its business, its not personal.
You have to these days. It's the way the system is set up.

In the old days you remove the b!tch from the drivers seat, commence to an ass beating and
walk around for the next 40 years with a peg leg and hunch back.
laugh.gif

no...seriously.

1'st thing you do is mail back there check certified/delivery conformation recipt.

2nd I will assume this happened in Nebrasaka.

Has the at fault-insurance Co accepted 100 % liability ?

If they have, there is only a certain amount of time that they have to settle with you by law,but only if you decide to settle the matter for yourself and not persue them into a courtroom.

With minor accidents like this, resulting in minor injuries and property damage the bean counters will usually approve up to 25K property damage, pain and suffering money, lost wages, etc and get you to sign off on all future liability from this incident for the agreed upon amount.

Sit back and truly think about what you will need directly from the insurance Co to be made whole again.

Then double it and start negotiating with them yourself, firmly yet fairly.

Just my 02 cents from past occurances.

I may just be repeating whats being said here but, you need too REPLACE, NOT REPAIR any and ALL DAMAGED gear, parts, to include a lil pading for your pain and suffering. call Allstate(his Ins. co.) and tell them you want this (total of ALL damaged gear, parts, pain & suffering, your health Ins. reimbursement) amount of money or you are ready to seek legal representation. They will either pay-up right away OR your new Lawyer will take it out of their a$$. be sure to include the value loss on your bike. yes, LAWYERING-up will drag it out, but it sure beats the alternative of being taken advantage of. here in Dayton, if you get into an accident and mention Dyer, Garafolo, Mann, and Schultz(law firm/ ambulance chasers) whoever is at fault will pay-up to settle and pay big. they are a very, very aggressive firm.

Back