Got my Pazzos on,

Greenbean

Registered
Thanks to Rider Customs a sponsor here I got my Pazzos on my door step Friday when I got home, Quickly slapped them on and went riding. Love em..

If I had known they would make that much difference in my riding and comfort I would have gotten them the first week of ownership...lol...
cool.gif

Have one question though, my clutch lever I keep on 3, brake on 4. Well the clutch lever has a certain "click" where the lever tries to pivot on the cam section. Only does it when you engage the clutch lever and maybe turn in a parking lot and when the lever has to be kind of pulled up or down but not absolutely straight back.

I am wondering if any or your do that or are they completely smooth. I alsop wonder if i need to adjust the whole ange of the levers to better line up with my riding position.

IMG_0495.jpg

IMG_0498.jpg

IMG_0499.jpg

Mines smooth , no clicking .
Mine are on 2 for clutch , and 4 for brakes , but should not matter what number they are on .

Take it you lubed , and swapped the brass bush over

mine has the little click noise its normal !! very hard to notice unless listening for it.

Mines smooth , no clicking .
Mine are on 2 for clutch , and 4 for brakes , but should not matter what number they are on .

Take it you lubed , and swapped the brass bush over
Yup, checked it... That parts smooth.

It's the free play from the Locking screw/bolt at the front and there is just enough free play in it so when you are squeezing the lever and where the lever meets the cam portion if it gets tweaked just so slightly up or down it pops as it tries to move. I am wondering if i can try and tighten that bolt head a little.

Do these make it easier on you if you get stuck in a lot of traffic where you are in and out with the cluch a lot. Sometimes my hand cramps and was looking for something to help with that. Thanks, Doug

My_Hayabusa_144RS.jpg

Do these make it easier on you if you get stuck in a lot of traffic where you are in and out with the cluch a lot. Sometimes my hand cramps and was looking for something to help with that. Thanks, Doug
You can order them assymetrically (Long Clutch, short Brake lever) to address this. Thats what I did with my CRG's

You can order them assymetrically (Long Clutch, short Brake lever) to address this. Thats what I did with my CRG's
Did it help the cramping in your clutch hand? I dont have any trouble with mt brake. Also woud i be better off with the long one's or shorty's? Thanks again, Doug

I can't say absolutely that the new levers would help the cramping. They do allow for instant adjustment of the lever travel though, which is a step in the right direction. I spend a lot of time in traffic so I opted for the longer clutch lever to give me more mechanical advantage while sitting still at an intersection. Another thing to look at is the lever angle. I am 6'4" and the stock master cylinders do not allow me to rotate them enough downward to optimize the ergo's. Wish I had an easy fix for that.

Just as a safety note- you should never sit in traffic in neutral just in case of someone coming at you from behind.

Just as a safety note- you should never sit in traffic in neutral just in case of someone coming at you from behind.
True, they taught us that at the MSF class years ago, as soon as you stop, listen for tires screeching and look in your mirrors. You may be getting hit from behind. I only go into neutral if the light is long and there are 2-63 cars lined up behind me. But usually stay in gear.

I can't say absolutely that the new levers would help the cramping. They do allow for instant adjustment of the lever travel though, which is a step in the right direction. I spend a lot of time in traffic so I opted for the longer clutch lever to give me more mechanical advantage while sitting still at an intersection. Another thing to look at is the lever angle. I am 6'4" and the stock master cylinders do not allow me to rotate them enough downward to optimize the ergo's. Wish I had an easy fix for that.

Thats not the 1st time i've heard that........ but i dont see the difference? To me if you get him from behind by a car its like this..... BIKE (500lbs) + CAR(3500lbs)=ALL BAD!!!!! Now in my mind what is the difference that tranny gonna make for you by being in gear? Your still gonna have your clutch engaged......... am i missing something here?
dunno.gif

flamethrowingsmiley.gif
PM -->
justa- busa- girl @ Aug. 11 2008 said:
1503351[/ATTACH] PM]
im thinking about getting these levers may i ask were to get a fair price on them?
Check out the sponsors here on the board, Ryder Connections is the one i went throught. Josh is awesome and very very friendly and helful on the phone.
I paid $175 for my set. I diddent get them from a sponsor thou. They arent cheap.

flamethrowingsmiley.gif

Greenbean,

Thanks for the kind words. If anyone else needs a set just let me know and take care of ya.

As for the click. It "kinda" normal. I have sold sets that click, and some that dont. Mine have a slight click but I just dont notice it any more.

Josh

Ryders Connection

Greenbean,

Thanks for the kind words. If anyone else needs a set just let me know and take care of ya.

As for the click. It "kinda" normal. I have sold sets that click, and some that dont. Mine have a slight click but I just dont notice it any more.

Josh

Ryders Connection
Thanks man, I actually think the reason the left one does and the right one doesn't is that when I compare the fluid resv covers. The right one seems to be absolutely flat and the left one seems a little leaned back. So when I squeeze the clutch lever it kind of "tweaks" the lever pivot ansd that makes the pop. So in a few days I am going to rotate the left lever/assembly forward to match the angle of the throttle one. It should be good after that.

Greenbean,

Josh

Ryders Connection
Thanks man, I actually think the reason the left one does and the right one doesn't is that when I compare the fluid resv covers. The right one seems to be absolutely flat and the left one seems a little leaned back. So when I squeeze the clutch lever it kind of "tweaks" the lever pivot ansd that makes the pop. So in a few days I am going to rotate the left lever/assembly forward to match the angle of the throttle one. It should be good after that.

Back