got my first taste of what law enforcement is like

Sounds like you got a pretty good dose of it, glad you are enjoying it.

I worked patrol overtime last night and experienced the other side of the job. Got a call around 3:30 this morning from a lady whose dog had gotten its foot caught in the leg of a wrought iron bench. My dept's policy is that we pass them off to animal control. Problem with that is animal control isn't going to do anything especially at that hour of the morning. So I went home got some tools and went and cut the dog free. Luckily we didn't have any other calls during that period so I was able to spend the time to do it.

As I tell the younger guys coming in, it may not be important to you but people get very attached to pets and it's important to them. With the attitude towards police these days we need to go above and beyond when we are able to as it lets people know law enforcement is about helping people not just writing tickets and locking people up.

I completely agree. Thats a big reason as to why I want to get into LE. I want to help people who need help and I want to punish those who do wrong.

I completely agree. Thats a big reason as to why I want to get into LE. I want to help people who need help and I want to punish those who do wrong.

Sounds like you are doing it for the right reasons. Now should be a good time to get in. I'm hearing that many organizations are going to be hiring and doing it in large numbers over the next year or so.

Good luck to you and if you are looking here in IL and need any info hit me up

Sounds like you are doing it for the right reasons. Now should be a good time to get in. I'm hearing that many organizations are going to be hiring and doing it in large numbers over the next year or so.

Good luck to you and if you are looking here in IL and need any info hit me up

I'll take any info you have for me!! I want to be in Illinois but I won't turn down a job if offered elsewhere.

Im from Illinois too, what town were you doing this in? Im working on getting in part time in my town cause I dont have enough credits yet for full time.. I never heard of an internship for LEOs.. Do you get paid? Do all PDs do it? sorry for so many questions lol but Im really interested..

Im from Illinois too, what town were you doing this in? Im working on getting in part time in my town cause I dont have enough credits yet for full time.. I never heard of an internship for LEOs.. Do you get paid? Do all PDs do it? sorry for so many questions lol but Im really interested..

I go to school in Kenosha. I ended up getting an internship with the Sturtevant PD here in Racine county. I don't get paid for it but I DO get 4 credits for it so I guess its kinda like gettin paid.

I go to school in Kenosha. I ended up getting an internship with the Sturtevant PD here in Racine county. I don't get paid for it but I DO get 4 credits for it so I guess its kinda like gettin paid.

Yea seems like it's taking me forever to get these 60 credits so those 4 would be nice.. Just seems like good preparation to get into the field. Gonna see if I have anything like this in my area.

Thanks for the info and good luck with everything!:thumbsup:

Back