Got my 06' on the road.

Picture finally working it out to get a turbo bike, then grenading the trans 5 weeks after you bought it. That was me and the bike sat apart the whole winter. It's been apart longer than I've owned it in one piece. Sometimes I thought it would never get back together. It took having to sell my baby, my 04'Busa, to finish this bike.

By the way, I HATED that chromoly arm that was on the bike when I first bought it. It looked like a step ladder was attatched to the back of my Busa. That's a Canadian Mike arm on the bike now if anyone's interested. Mike is the guy to talk to if you want an arm.
What HP did u have when u blew the trans? I am considering a turbo still doing the homework on all the things that would also have to be upgraded to handle the xtra power. I am thinking of the Velocity stage 1 with water inj nothing crazy. If the trans can't take it  who makes an after market trans for bikes? Manufacturer says it's bolt on good to go no big deal @ 6 - 8 lbs. Not sure if I believe that. BTW BAD ASS Busa  
ThumbsUp.gif
Dont need water inject for a stage one. Kinda overkill.
Chances are he blew the engine b/c of the FMU (they suck).Fuel spike.
GM get a set of secondaries for that badboy and you'll enjoy for more years to come.
Good to see you recovered the look of it from the first picture.

what do you think about filling the spaces in the swingarm with black grill material like we use in the side panels...?

I thought of doing filler panels. It occured to me AFTER I just powdercoated it.  There's a local shop that does the waterjet stuff. Maybe in the future.  

I didn't blow the engine from the turbo, actually I didn't blow the engine I hurt the trans from my stupidity.
I was goofing off last year doing some rolling burnouts and went to hit 2nd gears. Shifted to lightly and found neutral, instead of letting off the throttle like I should of, I tried to bump it into gear near redline right after it happened. I wasn't bouncing off the limiter, just up around 10krpm.   I knew better and had to suffer the concequences of my actions.  

Good thing is you can send your trans off to FastByGast and have it all repaired for usually under $500. That's if you send them your trans. Nice thing is, this problem won't happen again. I now have hardwelded gears with the undercut done. Also I have the some BDE hardended shiftshafts and billet starter gear pins.  Since My engine overheated I also removed the head, checked it out and installed it with a Cometic head gasket and APE prostock bolt-in headstuds.  I now have a good stout engine.  The tune is next to do. Getting a time slot is the hard part. EVERYONE is getting work done or having tunes done.

That bike looks amazing. Glad to hear you finally got her on the road again. And even more glad to hear/see that you completed an amazing remodel job on it from that first pic. Sometimes I really wonder about people's taste. . .

Back