Got my 06' on the road.

GMbusa

Orange is the fastest
Donating Member
Registered
After many hours of wrenching my Busa project is about 95% done. The rest is minor, maybe an hours work.

Here's a pic as the bike was when I bought it minus the wheels.

DSC06612.jpg

A current pic from today.  I'm doing shakedown runs to check for any leaks or problems. Getting things adjusted, stuff like that.

Second_version.jpg

Pic. FYI, The square in the pic covering the front axle is my state inspection sticker location.

resave.jpg

Another side pic. Yes,the bike is long. It's at 68.5"WB or 10.5" extended. But it handles and rides great. Much better than my 04' did with a similar set-up.

Second_version.jpg

Here's my niece Ashley on the bike. I think she likes it.

resavee.jpg

NICE!!!!!!!!!

Dude, I can't wait to see it when you bring it down here.
bowdown.gif

that looks great, i got really worried when i seen that first pic, must have been that way when you bought the bike huh? she looks bad ass now, nice work

Picture finally working it out to get a turbo bike, then grenading the trans 5 weeks after you bought it. That was me and the bike sat apart the whole winter. It's been apart longer than I've owned it in one piece. Sometimes I thought it would never get back together. It took having to sell my baby, my 04'Busa, to finish this bike.

By the way, I HATED that chromoly arm that was on the bike when I first bought it. It looked like a step ladder was attatched to the back of my Busa. That's a Canadian Mike arm on the bike now if anyone's interested. Mike is the guy to talk to if you want an arm.

I messed up. I rode my friends 08' around alittle today. Wow. The 08' runs and feels so much smoother than my 06'. Now I'm hooked.

Anyone wanna buy a freshly rebuilt 06'Busa?
firedevil.gif

Just messin, but it doesn't help that there's a white Busa for 09'.

Looks great!
DId you get it tuned yet? If you haven't dont wait!

Picture finally working it out to get a turbo bike, then grenading the trans 5 weeks after you bought it. That was me and the bike sat apart the whole winter. It's been apart longer than I've owned it in one piece. Sometimes I thought it would never get back together. It took having to sell my baby, my 04'Busa, to finish this bike.

By the way, I HATED that chromoly arm that was on the bike when I first bought it. It looked like a step ladder was attatched to the back of my Busa. That's a Canadian Mike arm on the bike now if anyone's interested. Mike is the guy to talk to if you want an arm.
What HP did u have when u blew the trans? I am considering a turbo still doing the homework on all the things that would also have to be upgraded to handle the xtra power. I am thinking of the Velocity stage 1 with water inj nothing crazy. If the trans can't take it who makes an after market trans for bikes? Manufacturer says it's bolt on good to go no big deal @ 6 - 8 lbs. Not sure if I believe that. BTW BAD ASS Busa
ThumbsUp.gif

Back