Got hit by a car that ran a stop sign.

Schantin

Registered
Coming home from work yesterday I was hit by a car that was driving reckless and ran a stop sign. Bike took the hit well, but man, it messed up a lot of stuff. Fairings are trashed......all of them. Bike dumped a good gallon of oil on the road. Brakes don't work. Bike grinds and is hard to move, even in neutral. It's ruined. Not even a month old. :(

The good news is I walked away with only a 2 hour ER outpatient visit, a few sprains, and a couple scrapes and bruises. At least the bike and my gear kept it from being a lot worse.

The woman that hit me had no remorse till the police cited her for the accident. :mad: My consolation was the Busa put a massive dent in her car too.

Start the a$$pain of dealing with insurance tomorrow.

Accident-Pic.jpg

Accident-Pic2.jpg

20240414-162553.jpg

Cosmetically, looks very fixable. Glad you walked away.

It can always be worse. Good luck with insurance. Was lady who hit you insured?

Coming home from work yesterday I was hit by a car that was driving reckless and ran a stop sign. Bike took the hit well, but man, it messed up a lot of stuff. Fairings are trashed......all of them. Bike dumped a good gallon of oil on the road. Brakes don't work. Bike grinds and is hard to move, even in neutral. It's ruined. Not even a month old. :(

The good news is I walked away with only a 2 hour ER outpatient visit, a few sprains, and a couple scrapes and bruises. At least the bike and my gear kept it from being a lot worse.

The woman that hit me had no remorse till the police cited her for the accident. :mad: My consolation was the Busa put a massive dent in her car too.

Start the a$$pain of dealing with insurance tomorrow.
1st off glad you made it out of this collision. just an opinion/advice: i would not talk to any insurance adjuster without talking to a collision attorney 1st. if you got hurt and the other driver was cited, contact a law firm. many attorneys provide free consultation. they can advice you if you have a case. insurance adjusters are not your friends and want to pay you as little as possible. good luck with your recovery.

You're very fortunate to walk away after getting hit by a car with only a few scratches and bruises so God was with you yesterday. Some dumb woman rear ended me back in 2017 at a red light, texting, no drivers license and no insurance and the cop didn't even issue her a citation and let her drive off. Fortunately all I ended up with were a couple bruises and some minor fairing damage that my insurance company repaired. When you file a claim you may want to go through your insurance company and then let your insurance go after her insurance that was what I had to do when someone backed into my 2009 K1300S while it was parked. Glad you walked away, bikes can be replaced but not lives or limbs.

As others have mentioned, glad you were able to walk away from that. I also wouldn't rush to meet with the adjuster as it sometimes takes a bit of time for things to settle in. The bike can/will be fixed, so making sure everything else is in order is more important. Keep us updated on how things are going.

Hope your recovery is swift. If you don't have one it's time to get a airbag system. Since insurance money is coming your way, get a airbag system. I always say airbags is one of the best investments we can all make to make sure we stay safe on the road from all the crazies out there.

You're very fortunate to walk away after getting hit by a car with only a few scratches and bruises so God was with you yesterday. Some dumb woman rear ended me back in 2017 at a red light, texting, no drivers license and no insurance and the cop didn't even issue her a citation and let her drive off. Fortunately all I ended up with were a couple bruises and some minor fairing damage that my insurance company repaired. When you file a claim you may want to go through your insurance company and then let your insurance go after her insurance that was what I had to do when someone backed into my 2009 K1300S while it was parked. Glad you walked away, bikes can be replaced but not lives or limbs.

Where was this that the cop didn’t do anything?

Years ago I got hit while sitting at a stop sign when a lady was turning left onto the street and cut the corner.....I was at least 3 feet in from the center line and she still hit me.....I was pedaling with my feet to get out of her way but the car behind me was too close for me to avoid getting hit...

She knocked me off my bike-thankfully it was my old Bandit so there wasn't a lot to damage.

4 people behind me were off-duty cops that witnessed it and jumped out to help me but I was already up and moving...

I talked to the lady and we exchanged info...I felt kind of sorry for her being surrounded by all these huge cops but also didn't.

Her husband called me later to sort it out without involving insurance and I agreed and told him I'd get estimates...

I went to a couple places and it was around $1800 to fix the bike (not too bad as I was doing the work myself).

The guy had a cow and refused so I said, no problem, we will go the insurance route and I have lots of affidavits from the off duty cops who were there...

An hour later he showed up with a cheque and it cleared.....

I told him had I not been able to do the work, it would have been double the cost so he's fortunate.

Back