Stop sign to Stop sign

AlbanianEagle

Donating Member
Registered
New to the site and I got a 2005 red/black Busa and enjoy every minute I spend with her. It took me six years and constant nagging to my wife but I finally got it on my birthday. And now for the question.

When I ride, especially when i go visit or pick my friends up for a ride there are tons of stop signs from block to block. My question is should I keep the Busa in 1 gear or should I shift to 2 and then back. Any info would be appreciated.

Welcome.

Depends.

If it's short enough I'd pull the clutch in and coast after running it out in first.

or

If it's long enough I'd shift and stay in second for the next go. Just be a little careful pulling off in 2nd. It'll do just fine, you just don't wanna stall while off balance.

or

If it's too short I'd just leave in first all together, and let the compression slow me down.

Good luck!

That shouldn't be a problem staying in first as long as you are not trying to twist the handle bars around.
biggrin.gif
I would definitely follow what thebbbusa said.
biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

the blocks are short here on the island first is fine , especialy with the stock exhaust , through a set of bolt ons on the busa and people will be running out to say slow down ? cause youll be makin a bit more noise ! i usualy start in first and short shift to second , long island sucks to ride a bike , you have to stop at every block , stop sighn or not ! i cant even count how many times sombody else has blown a stop sighn and plowed right into me! good luck !

Back