got a problem. surging and ticking noise after rebuild

tcbusa

Registered
well i just got done rebuilding my motor. its a stock 06 busa. was turbo'd until i detonated 2 pistons.... so i rebuilt it back to just stock. i replaced all main bearings, rod bearings, pistons, rings, and new cylinder. Didnt do anything to the head just cleaned the combustion chambers up. i know i have the timing right. popped the valve cover last night to double check. the motor has 13k miles on it. stock cams pretty much stock everything else but HD output shaft. also i welded the inner clutch piece today so see if that was it. NOPE i start it and it runs perfect for a bit then starts to surge from 1200 to about 1800 and while it surges it makes a ticking noise. im thinking maybe manual cam tensioner time???? any ideas ?? the bike runs smooth and no smoke or vibration. tried it moving in the driveway up to second and you could still here the ticking. any help would be greatly appreciated.

Do you have a pwr commander ? If so did you remap? also your ticking noise could be a exhaust leak at the head if your usinf block off plates.

I've got a rattle in mine when it's cold. Replaced a cracked head and it's been there since. I'm pretty sure it's the CCT...I may just put a manual one in...

found problem. was a destroyed valve retainer. the ticking was a valve being pushed up by the piston. sent it off last month to get the head rebuilt. still waiting to put it back together. if someone needs a manual cam chain adjuster ive got one i wont be using APE

Back