GoPro HD Resource Thread-Discussion-Settings-Mounts-Cards-Results

well i looked at the manual and it told me how to flip the video.... cam couldnt do it as you can see. so i will make the video editor flip it.

I like that idea of the RAM ball on the mirror mount gonna have to look into that.

Tim, you said the pics above were the BEFORE idea, so what setup did you end up with AFTER?

Saiid, be patient. This company has gone from ZERO to HERO in about 3 years. Their demand must be out of sight...I wouldn't mind one bit being in their position. Building accessories right now is probably not as important as building cameras given everyone appears to be out of stock. I suspect they will put out accessories when they are sure that they will WORK; putting out a product that isn't fully tested or correct would kill their business.

Well I already tested the durability aspect of the camera..:laugh:
Be happy to test a protoype screen for them as well !

I like that idea of the RAM ball on the mirror mount gonna have to look into that.

Tim, you said the pics above were the BEFORE idea, so what setup did you end up with AFTER?

Here's the rest of the story.... Some shots of using the RAM mounts attached to the mirror bolts. As mentioned, very simple to do with the busa. Drill the mounts at just the right spot so they can't rotate and on they go.

Dsc09506_800.jpg

Btw, this is the all new (to me) R Series windscreen which I like lot more than I thought I would.

Love the shape, so much that when I got back from this ride, ordered another one in blue. Can't beat the price.

Buy Now: R Series Windscreen Suzuki Hayabusa GSX1300R GSXR | PashnitMoto.com

Dsc09507_800.jpg

Dsc09506_800.jpg

Dsc09507_800.jpg

The general idea is to experiment with getting the camera as far away from the bike and rider as possible which changes the field of vision more.

Up close, the shots look like this:

Img_5767_busa_ram.jpg

Good results, you see the road, the fellow riders, the mountains (shot on Hwy 108 Sonora Pass), but the rider is the dominant figure in the pic and that gets boring quick. Camera here is about shoulder level, and pointed at the rider. Next thing to try would be pointing the camera directly rearward or offset to the left.

Pict0082_SonoraPass.jpg

Img_5767_busa_ram.jpg

Pict0082_SonoraPass.jpg

Original idea was this & use the mirror as a support b/c the further you get away from the bike, the more the weight of the arm overpowers the RAM mounts. Tape the RAM arm to the mirror for more support...

DSC09426.jpg

DSC09439.jpg

Camera up high, you get to see everything like scenery, camera down low- the more the appearance of speed in the shot.

DSC09440.jpg

DSC09426.jpg

DSC09439.jpg

DSC09440.jpg

This gave me a shot like this.

Call it a GoPro Gaffe, but although I've shot 10's of thousands of photos through the years, I didn't bother to clean off the lens before we set off. Doh.

:banghead:

Only downside to this up high shot is there's no point of reference and you have to be really on top of the rider in front of you to have him seem close.

Without the bug on my lens, it should look like this: :cheerleader: Not even close.

Gopr0538_800.jpg

Gopr0544_800.jpg

GOPR0806_800.JPG

Img_9286_SouthForkMtnRd.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
So next day, tried this. Success.

Problem is weight of the arm. So resting on the saddlebag fixes that problem.

Next problem is the rotation of arm.

Fixed that too with a bit of triangulation. :laugh:

Attaching two arms doesn't really work either due to the weight. So a bit of bracing with my third RAM ram I've got, plus some tape to keep it from bending and it worked awesome!
http://www.pashnit.com/product/gopro/gopro_HD_hero.html

This photo sticks to the Thirds Rule of good photography.

So the rider occupies less than 1/3 of the photo, the road is another 1/3, and the scenery (ie redwood forest) occupies the other 1/3.

Engaging photography that's pleasing to the eye. :thumbsup: I look at this photo and think, I want to be there!

Dsc09525_800.jpg

Dsc09524_800.jpg

Dsc09526_800.jpg

Dsc09527_800.jpg

900_Gopr0131.jpg

900_Gopr0241.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Skaz great video and thanks for showing the mounts also.

I just got an email saying my replacement is on the way with tracking number..
yippee...:cheerleader:

on another note durn my body still hurts from that pic you posted of your hands and forearms..

GoPro has finally restocked at the manufacture level, and we've finally got product en route to us again after what seems like a very tiresome backorder. ???:thumbsup:

Every camera I have coming to me is spoken for. Off to order some more.

well i looked at the manual and it told me how to flip the video.... cam couldnt do it as you can see. so i will make the video editor flip it.

Well, GoPro finally changed the their site from "coming soon" to "may 17th" for the release date of the new firmware, so hopefully it'll actually happen.

Nice! Now, no chucking this one down the freeway to see if it can survive. . .:poke::rofl:

Still bothers me that I found all but the data card .
I can only imagine what the last few frames would have looked like ?
I am gonna make pole number two but this time it will be aluminum and a V shape made from two poles and not one.
The view the other one gave me was perfect

Still bothers me that I found all but the data card .
I can only imagine what the last few frames would have looked like ?
I am gonna make pole number two but this time it will be aluminum and a V shape made from two poles and not one.
The view the other one gave me was perfect

Well, mine fell off my snowboard going down the mountain. That a pretty interesting video. Tumbling down the mountain, stopping, getting hit by other boarders/skiers and going tumbling farther down the mountain. :laugh: Thankfully it wasn't buried and was facing up. I saw the red blinking light from the lift on the way back up and got off at the closest stop and got it back.:thumbsup:

GoPro has finally restocked at the manufacture level, and we've finally got product en route to us again after what seems like a very tiresome backorder. ???:thumbsup:

Every camera I have coming to me is spoken for. Off to order some more.

Tim, will your new shipment of cameras have the updated firmware? If not how do we go about updating the firmware?

Back