GoPro HD Resource Thread-Discussion-Settings-Mounts-Cards-Results

Got the tripod mount so I can run the GoPro on my tank mount. One critisism of the mount is that it is a stillo camera mount, not a camcorder mount which means no alignment pin hole. I removed the alignment pin and used velcro to hopefully keep the camera from walking, but will probably need to get a drill out and make my own hole.

DSCI0001.JPG

Zuk I'm not sure if you will find solution but thru google you will find same report from others .
I remember reading one or two reviews exactly same as your problem.

Cool I ordered a tripod mount as well as extra battery with coupon they gave me .
Only thing is the naked model I ordered is on Natl backorder !

I'm mentally working out my next design of pole mount .
I'm gonna use aluminum this time around .

Got the tripod mount so I can run the GoPro on my tank mount. One critisism of the mount is that it is a stillo camera mount, not a camcorder mount which means no alignment pin hole. I removed the alignment pin and used velcro to hopefully keep the camera from walking, but will probably need to get a drill out and make my own hole.

I did run into a vibration (more like shakeing) problem with my other GoPro when I stacked the mount pieces up like you have yours.
Have you used it like that yet? And did it work alright?
Mine shook like a 8.0 earthquake was going on.

I did run into a vibration (more like shakeing) problem with my other GoPro when I stacked the mount pieces up like you have yours.
Have you used it like that yet? And did it work alright?
Mine shook like a 8.0 earthquake was going on.

I haven't used the tank mount yet, but I use the 3 axis arm on the tail and on my helmet without any problems. The video of Tim getting his Harley is with the same arm attached to the tail.

I haven't used the tank mount yet, but I use the 3 axis arm on the tail and on my helmet without any problems. The video of Tim getting his Harley is with the same arm attached to the tail.

I had probs with the tail mount I posted pic of but it never stopped due to vibes.
Just that the video was shaky and unwatchable .

tail mount.JPG

Last edited:
mine keeps cutting out after a few seconds of recording... was working great the day before yesterday.

battery is fully charged, class10 32 gig scandisk extreme III card... anyone have any ideas?

Zuk read here:
GoPro HD issues! - Mountain Bike Forums

Cards that work on the GoPro HD Hero | Facebook

Same card just made by Patriot which I think is owned by Sandisk

GoPro HD Issues!? : KawiForums.com Kawasaki Forums: Kawasaki motorcycle forums

Seems like the cams just like certain flavors only

I also read on site and in specs that GoPro has 2 different sound settings.
One hi and obv the other lo.
But nowhere can I find how to change this as I am curious what diff it will make .

Anyone know ?

I also read on site and in specs that GoPro has 2 different sound settings.
One hi and obv the other lo.
But nowhere can I find how to change this as I am curious what diff it will make .

Anyone know ?

The original GoPro Hero had the Hi/Lo settings, but the GoProHD does not. Now there's the "open" and "closed" back covers for the HD.

Owkay, my .02 on the GoProHD settings..

Resolution on R3 (have since changed to R2 to reduce file size).
Mounted here..
CameraMount002.jpg

CameraMount004.jpg

CameraMount005.jpg

Center 9default) focus.
Using a PNY 8GB class 4 card.
Using the free, MS Movie Maker Live to edit.
Now for the boring part.. a coupla' videos..

Road was pretty beat up after the winter, so some vibration occasionally.
First half of 20 miles..
[/MEDIA]

Second half of the 20 miles (wake up Hardly guy:laugh:)..
[/MEDIA]

Last edited by a moderator:
HillBillyTom I too mounted it on the nose area.
It took great videos.
But i kinda like to see the vehicle your on as well as possibly gauges, hands or other things .

It took great videos.
But i kinda like to see the vehicle your on as well as possibly gauges, hands or other things .

Using a suction cup on there is a no-no. Shakey as hell.

It took great videos.

I used to use the suction cup mount on the tank, for the gauges and such like you say, but.. "Don't wanna see all that, want unobstructed view" everybody said, thus the nose mount.
Ahh, can't please all of 'em all the time I guess.:laugh:

I'll be doing some from the tank later on (when it warms up and quits raining again).:thumbsup:

What is that little orange rubber hoodus that came with the camera, some type of shim to control the shaking?

Back