GoPro HD Resource Thread-Discussion-Settings-Mounts-Cards-Results

Shot about a 1000 photos last weekend on 1100 mile ride. Here's some teasers. More later.

900_Gopr0878_2.jpg

900_Gopr0071.jpg

900_Gopr0241.jpg

900_Gopr0035.jpg

900_Gopr0878_2.jpg

900_Gopr0071.jpg

900_Gopr0241.jpg

900_Gopr0035.jpg

One more... The clarity of the photos compared to the old GoPro Hero we were using last season is amazing. :thumbsup:

900_Gopr0867.jpg

900_Gopr0867.jpg

Those are nice pics .
I'm still waiting for my replacement to come .
It's backordered.
Everybody else has them except the maker ?

I dont have video yet but im going to try this setup:
GoPro1.jpg

GoPro2.jpg

Change the setting from UP to UPd so it can record upside down.

GoPro1.jpg

GoPro2.jpg

Now, THAT is an interesting location...but I think I'd move it up a few inches....that might touch in a hard RH turn...

im trying to get it as close as i can to the ground in a full lean.

Ha! That's great Kevin! Someone else if is finally going to give these ideas a try.

185884d1272662476-gopro-hd-resource-thread-discussion-settings-mounts-cards-results-gopro2.jpg

Very simple to do with the stock mirrors. Key is the RAM mount cannot move or rotate. So carefuly tap and drill it out at the right spot, then just bolt the mirror back on.

Img_5770_busa_ram.jpg

In this photo, this RAM ball actually didn't work b/c it could rotate. Nothing to prevent it from rotating.

ram_ball_mount_2.jpg

Img_5767_busa_ram.jpg

Img_5770_busa_ram.jpg

Img_5767_busa_ram.jpg

ram_ball_mount_2.jpg

Last edited:
That mount that did work was this one:

ram_ball_mount_1.jpg

These can be drilled. So line it up to it's flush against the mirror base and drill it out. If it's solid and can't move, you're golden.

Footage looks like this:

Pict0331_clearwater.jpg

Pict0393_clearwater.jpg

This is footage with the shorter 10" arm off the handlebar.

Hwy1_bikes1.jpg

ram_ball_mount_1.jpg

Hwy1_bikes1.jpg

Pict0331_clearwater.jpg

Pict0393_clearwater.jpg

Thats the mount I have. i just tighened the mirror bolt down real good and at highway speed the mount didnt move, it did vibrate some however but i feel that is inevitable.

Skaz how did you get the upside down mode ?
If it is not there from factory they say you need to download it from thier site.
Do you do this direct to cam or have to save it and then do it ?
Just curious.

Here's some more development on the mirror mounted RAM ball...

The photo looks like this which I couldn't be more pleased. The trick to the photos is getting just a wee bit further away from the motorcycle than the RAM arm pictured above.

800_Gopr0039.jpg

Original idea was this...

DSC09424.jpg

DSC09426.jpg

Note the electricians tape... :laugh:

DSC09427.jpg

800_Gopr0039.jpg

DSC09424.jpg

DSC09426.jpg

DSC09427.jpg

I've tried the double arm idea before but the setup didn't work very well due to the weight of the arm overpowering the carrying capacity of the RAM ball.

Dsc01936_ram_arm.jpg

Dsc01936_ram_arm.jpg

Skaz how did you get the upside down mode ?
If it is not there from factory they say you need to download it from thier site.
Do you do this direct to cam or have to save it and then do it ?
Just curious.

No can do for the HD. At least not yet. The firmware update isn't available.

No can do for the HD. At least not yet. The firmware update isn't available.

WTF is up with them?
Everything is scheduled for release but has not been ?

Tim over at Pashnit what's the word on the LCD screens ?
Supposed to be out April 2010.
Well that just passed so have you heard anything on these ?

WTF is up with them?
Everything is scheduled for release but has not been ?

Tim over at Pashnit what's the word on the LCD screens ?
Supposed to be out April 2010.
Well that just passed so have you heard anything on these ?

They've been "releasing soon" or "out this month" ever since I got my camera back in Dec... It's just like anything else. They'll tell you forever that they're coming out this month and just move it back every month till it's finally available. However long that takes....

They've been "releasing soon" or "out this month" ever since I got my camera back in Dec... It's just like anything else. They'll tell you forever that they're coming out this month and just move it back every month till it's finally available. However long that takes....

Mum's the word on these two accessories. We started talking them about in August of 2009. Both are included in the GoPro HD brochure but if you look closely, there's no mention of it on the GoPro parent site.

battery_backpac_212.jpg lcd_screen_212.jpg

battery_backpac_212.jpg

lcd_screen_212.jpg

Your right mum is the word .
I have sent them at least three emails asking about screen.
Everytime they answer all questions about other things bit conveniently neglect to answer my questions about LCD ?
I also asked them what cards work and they told me they tested 'numerous' cards and had no probs with any.
I say ok so where's list of 'numeorus' cards that are ok ?
Their response was that they don't give away that info ? Huh ?
Excuse me , yu can't tell me what cards tested and worked ?

GoPro has great customer service and Im happy they gave me a discount on replacement but what kind of company has ZERO phone numbers on their website ?

I like that idea of the RAM ball on the mirror mount gonna have to look into that.

Tim, you said the pics above were the BEFORE idea, so what setup did you end up with AFTER?

Saiid, be patient. This company has gone from ZERO to HERO in about 3 years. Their demand must be out of sight...I wouldn't mind one bit being in their position. Building accessories right now is probably not as important as building cameras given everyone appears to be out of stock. I suspect they will put out accessories when they are sure that they will WORK; putting out a product that isn't fully tested or correct would kill their business.

Back