goofy things about movies

WWJD

Donating Member
Registered
There is a "scream" sound effect that is used over and over in bunches of movies, called the Wilhelm scream. Listen to it here and tell me you've never heard it before. It's been in everything from Star Wars to Transformers.

If you've ever watched a really bad movie and it says it was DIRECTED BY ALAN SMITHEE, well, Alan Smithee is the generic name used when a director wants to have his name removed from the film. Thus, Alan Smithee has directed a great number of films:
Alan Smithee films

Last edited by a moderator:
lurk.gif

It looks like that's been added in, doesn't seem to be in synch in many spots. Have to look at some of the originals.
rock.gif

(Narcissus @ Sep. 11 2007,12:15) It looks like that's been added in, doesn't seem to be in synch in many spots. Have to look at some of the originals.
rock.gif
yeah, they're real - maybe they patched it on so you could hear it better in that youtube video? but I doubt it. You'll start hearing it a lot now that you know the sound. It's kind of an INSIDERS fun deal. I heard it twice in LOGAN'S RUN movie when I watched it last weekend.

There's a bunch of other sounds that are common... the one that always bugged me was this one particular generic body landing on ground "Poh-ga-ooof!" sound that I've heard in cartoons, sitcoms, commercials, movies..... I HATE that sound cuz it sounds so fake! And some punches are way to phoney for words. Don't even start on gun shot noises. Those that have fired real weapons know what I mean. James Cameron did okay with gun sounds in TRUE LIES... at least it TRIED to sound more real than other things

Back