Goodrich Kevlar Brake Line Installation

btreaves

Registered
I'm going to be installing a new set of Goodrich kevlar brake lines later today and just wanted to ask for some installation instructions.

I'm assuming that it's pretty straight forward. Based on the length of the lines I'm still going to be using that cross over line rather than running two lines straight from the master cylinder to each caliper.

Purge the old system of all fluid
Remove the brake lines
Install new lines
Install fresh DOT4 brake fluid in reservoir
Properly bleed the system to get the new fluid down into the brake lines.

Is it possible to use my Mighty Vac to help with this. The last time I tried to use it it didn't want to suck the brake fluid out at the nipple on the caliper. I'd much rather suck the old fluid out of the lines and then suck the new fluid down into the lines rather than having to do it through the brake lever.

BTW, the lines are blue and my bike is burgundy. Any suggestions as to what I can do to hide the blue color? I was thinking about electrical tape, but that'll eventually unravel and get ugly looking. I just need to cover them at the top and the bottom.

Thanks in advance for any insight you can provide.

Use the mighty Vac and just be certain to buy plenty of fresh Brake fluid to really flush it out, AND WATCH OUT FOR THAT PAINT. Use some clear saranwrap or similar to make certain that brake fluid doesn't get on your paint. I am not certain about your Front brake lines and still using the crossover, did Goodrich supply you with a crossover? If not then it should be a straight from the master to each caliper...

Good luck and post an after picture if you get a chance, not to mention how the brakes feel after the install.

Back