Good gift for parents?

WWJD

Donating Member
Registered
Gave my parents a gift they always wanted: a few hours at the local shooting range. Used a 357 and 22 luger pistols and shoot off a few hundred rounds at metal plates, paper bulls eyes, and knock downs. SHOCKINGLY, my MOM was interested in shooting also! BOING! say what? ? ? I've never fired a pistol in my life so I was up for it. That 357 revolver was LOUD, powerful, and LOUD. Did I say loud? And real guns sound a lot less exciting than they do in movies.... frickin Hollywood! I was expecting a "Ka-blooeeeeyy schwing" sound and all they REALLY do is: "Pock!"
After while mom got a headache from the body rocking gun noises, and decided to be the 'reloader' for the weapons. It was fun and made dad REAL happy!

<!--EDIT|WWJD
Reason for Edit: None given...|1095988511 -->

357.JPG

Serious shooter

<!--EDIT|WWJD
Reason for Edit: None given...|1095988457 -->

'The family that plays together, stays together'

<!--EDIT|WWJD
Reason for Edit: None given...|1095988530 -->

me, poppin' a cap or three into a defensely, non-moving, stapled down sheet of paper. after I got used to it, I was able to unload about 13 rounds in about 8 seconds with that 22. that was kinda cool

greg.JPG

"RELOAD, WOMAN!!" hahahaha

<!--EDIT|WWJD
Reason for Edit: None given...|1095988556 -->

The 22 kept throwing it's empty shells at ME, no matter where I stood. I stopped trying to catch them after discovering they were pretty hot when one landed on my neck. Some 357 shells just for the artistic photographic quality.

shells.JPG

I was not great, but hit a bullseye or two.

I did NOT ride my busa to the range FYI
smile.gif

target.JPG

Dang, I need to get out shooting. I haven't been in over 21 months. You just gave me withdrawals!

--Wag--

Nice...definitely something I gotta do again. Only prob is the only firearm I have is a fuggin 30/30. Not exactly something you can fire off all day, know what I mean?

come on greg... where are the pics of ya in them sexy goggles....
laugh.gif

Nice...definitely something I gotta do again. Only prob is the only firearm I have is a fuggin 30/30. Not exactly something you can fire off all day, know what I mean?
aaah thats easy, a couple of weeks ago me and 3 freinds of mine went to our farm and brought the following guns, 30/30 lever action,300 win mag, G3, AR-15, 2 .22 rifles, Ruger P90-DC (.45), Mac 90, Mossburg 12 ga., thats all I can think about for now I may have left some off, but we must have went through about $800 in ammo in 4 days it was great we didn't have mush ammo for the 30/30 but it didn't kick near as bad as the G3 that thing kicks worse than the shottie (not to mention the 6, yes 6 military style cases of ammo we had for it
biggrin.gif
) really close to 3 cases of skeet and around 300 rounds of 12 ga ammo. Needless to say I was a wee bit sore by the end of the trip.

Back