Love you parents...

SmiLyPR4U

Registered
Ok everyone...

I said goodnite to my parents on Sunday night, got up on Monday morning and went to work...when I went home, they weren't there so I left them a note that I was gonna stay a my friend's house. So here I am at work today and just recieved a phone call from my dad...he was taking my mom to a doctor's appointment and a big truck passed by and took them out of course. My dad's truck (an F-150 ext. cab) started spinning and ended up on a lake where it was flooding. He got out, took my mom out and some ppl passing by helped in taking the truck out of the water before it sunk. They were fine, the truck still works...

This was a wake up call. Most of the time we take EVERYTHING for granted. I wouldn't know what I would've done if something would have happened to them. It makes me think of sooooo many things, it's insane. It definately made me realize that not cuz they are there when I leave in the morning to go to work it means that they'll be there when I come back. Also that I should express my feelings for them all the time, since we never know when it might be too late.

Just wanted to share with you all my experience for you guys not to make the same mistakes I did.

God Bless you all!

"Don't save your loving speeches
for your friends/loved ones till they are dead;
don't write them on their tombstones,
speak them rather now instead."

Holy crap - good to know your folks got out fine !! Thanks man, going to go see my folks in a couple months ...

Whew Close one Smiley....

"Don't save your loving speeches
for your friends/loved ones till they are dead;
don't write them on their tombstones,
speak them rather now instead."[/QUOTE]

I dunno, I hate repeating myself so at least on the Tombstone I only have to say it once...! Although Talk is a lot cheaper than a chisel... Oh I have a Dremel, I could carve my thoughts into the tombstone at night, while no one is around... It would save tons, cause you know they charge my the letter...

smile.gif

Wow Vanessa...I'm glad everyone's okay...that's quite a wake up call...

Cherish those around you, always...

Thank God and the high heavens. I pray they will recover real soon. I was just on the same line of thought today as I learned that my Mom may have to undergo an operation, mainly routine, but because of her age and medical history, complications may set in. She's in Los Angeles and I am in Toronto and I just wish I can pack up and go. You know what, why not? Distance should not be a deterrent. Once the her schedule is firmed up, I am gone. Thanks for the eye-opener and reminder. All the best to you.
Jun

Vanessa ... glad your folks are okay ... very scary indeed. Your point is well taken ... always tell your loved ones how you feel about them!

wow.gif
Oh crap! I'm glad to hear they came away from that in good shape~
Did the driver that knocked 'em off coarse even stop to help?

Definitely glad to hear they are okay. It is hard to not take some things for granted and sometimes it does take a wake up call to makes us remember!

glad your folks are ok ..... yea i dont know what i would do if i lost my folks they are a big part of my life and i am still pretty young at 22 years , tell my folks all the time i love them cant say it enough !!!!!

..said goodbye to my dad three weeks ago..

..was holding his hands, while his soul was skirting away..

..funny thing, I thought I could keep him here..

..I swear I did, my grip was that strong..

..now, he is watching over me.. ..and I just hope I had told him, how much I loved him..

wow... major events like that help you focus on the things in life that are really important. Glad to hear everything was OK. Time to call mom
smile.gif

Vanessa - Glad everything turned out alright for your parents.

But we are ALL just one breath away from eternity...

Steve

Glad to hear everything turned out OK... but what a wake up call! I think that doesn't only go for parents... but anyone close to you.

Thank you everyone for the replies...me and my brother went straight home after work, they were ok, just still a little shaken and thinking of what could've happened if...

I'm just very grateful that nothing major happened and for not losing them...with what happened, I know it was God's powerful hand who kept them from death. We had a family night playing pool at home, very nice to be all together.

No...the guy in the truck didn't stop.

Yes...this goes for any loved one, not just for parents.

God Bless!

Vane

Glad everything was ok with your family vane. God bless them!!
Wiz sorry to hear about your loss its good you were there for him.

Back