My best Christmas gift...

BulletTrain

Call me Daddy...
Donating Member
Registered
And not a shirt tie!
laugh.gif
I just had to post up the two best material gifts I got this year for Christmas. Both of these gifts were so awesome that I couldn't call a clear winner between these two so I declared it a tie.

I'll share my new pet first.
wink.gif
When my 5 year old niece asked me what I wanted for Christmas I (as I always do.
wink.gif
) joked with her, saying that I wanted a pet rock. Well, turns out she wouldn't be happy after that until she had me one. She and her Mom went out and found a rock, painted and decorated it. My sis done the gluing because they used super glue, but the niece cut all the pipe cleaner pieces and told her exactly how she wanted them glued on. The niece also done the very special note on the back. Folks, it doesn't get any more special than this!!!
biggrin.gif

IMG_0234.jpg

IMG_0236.jpg

And now for my other very special gift. This one was from my Grandmother. She hand quilted this herself. And the most amazing part is she had surgery on both hands a few months ago and still finished one of these for each grandchild and great grandchild before Christmas. I think she's superwoman to be honest.
wink.gif
Anyway, the pic isn't very detailed, but it's a US map with each state and every printed feature (mountains, etc...) hand quilted by one of the finest qiulters in the world... GRANNY!
biggrin.gif

IMG_0235.jpg

I've gotta say, I wouldn't have been happier if someone had given me a new busa for Christmas. There is absolutely nothing that beats gifts from family that come from the heart. NOTHING!
super.gif

And on that note, the best non-material gift I had this year was getting to spend time with all of my family. Good times!!!
biggrin.gif

<!--EDIT|BulletTrain
Reason for Edit: None given...|1135550556 -->

wink.gif

wink.gif

biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

And before the eagle eyes here catch it and say something... no, I never clean my keyboard!
laugh.gif

BT those type of gifts are the best! Thanks for sharing. I called my wife over to look at your quilt, and she thought I was having her come over to look at something gross like usual. Finnally found something to spark her interest on the org as she is a quilter too! Merry Christmas.

The pet rock is kool and the quilt just gave my Wife another project to work on.... the best gifts are not bought but given from the heart... Merry Christmas.

Absolutely fab..... BT

What a great set of prezzies....

Bring a lump to your throat....

Thanks for all the great comments. And yeah, things like this are what life is all about.
beerchug.gif

Bet that pet rock gets more spoiled than any other pet rock in history.

Thanks for sharing. That's the kind of thing that brings a tear to my eye!

--Wag--

Yeah, Christmas has been a hard time of year for me since I lost my Mother. She was the one that taught me the true meaning of Christmas. She is also the one that made it special for everybody somehow every year. Man, what I'd give to spend one more Christmas with her, my Grandfather, and Kelsy.

One thing I've learned over the years is that it's things like these gifts and remembering the good times and love that makes it just a bit easier when we do lose somebody. I try to have as many good times and as few bad times as I can with those I love. You never know when you might lose them.

That is so cool BT...

Thanks for reminding all of us of the really important stuff.:)

The rock is just precious...and that quilt! She has some serious skilz!!!

Back