Good bye California's car culture!

Saw a video where some CHP task force pulled over a car leaving a car meet and harassed him by “inspecting” the engine bay and looking at the exhaust system. Let him off with a warning but overall a pointless stop. With the gun restrictions and now stops for modified cars, I’ll stay as far as I can from Cali. Good thing I’m in the east coast.

So far at least, cars have to have a smog check every two years and motorcycles never. No so called safety inspections either. Looks like having an extra OEM ECU to replace any flashed or modded one will have to be purchased before the test can be passed. My Caddy was bought in Texas and had a non CARB approved cold air intake for the SC that passed the mechanical portion of the smog test but since it wasn’t CARB approved I had to replace it with the stock unit in order to ‘pass’. Prices we pay getting to live with a full length ocean front and amongst the giant sequoias and redwoods and the Sierra mountain range and all it has to offer.

So far at least, cars have to have a smog check every two years and motorcycles never. No so called safety inspections either. Looks like having an extra OEM ECU to replace any flashed or modded one will have to be purchased before the test can be passed. My Caddy was bought in Texas and had a non CARB approved cold air intake for the SC that passed the mechanical portion of the smog test but since it wasn’t CARB approved I had to replace it with the stock unit in order to ‘pass’. Prices we pay getting to live with a full length ocean front and amongst the giant sequoias and redwoods and the Sierra mountain range and all it has to offer.
Commifornication has it's perk you say.:poke::rolleyes:

Not just car culture but bike culture as well..

I hardly know anyone with a car that has a flashed ECU..
A dyno tune and internet tunes are a huge huge business in the car scene all my cars and trucks have been dynotuned/internet tuned, not overly for power but just tighter auto transmission shifts.

But with all the vehicles with VVT and turbos now adays tunes do way more to them than motorcycles its a massive industry.

A dyno tune and internet tunes are a huge huge business in the car scene all my cars and trucks have been dynotuned/internet tuned, not overly for power but just tighter auto transmission shifts.

But with all the vehicles with VVT and turbos now adays tunes do way more to them than motorcycles its a massive industry.
Huh? Learned something new today.....

Not sure what an “internet” tune is.

You buy a tuner, than buy a tune from the internet and download it from your laptop to a tuner and than flash it into your vehicle, it's not as a good as a dyno tune but some companies will let you data log a bunch of pulls and inform them on mods and they can make a custom tune that's fairly close to a dyno. But most are just universal tunes for the mods you've installed.

Bye California period. What a crock if this passes.

....ah yes.....the government pushed people into getting hybrids and EV and as a subsequence are getting less money out of the gas tax....this way they can hit up everyone regardless of what you drive...

Nothing like being overly greedy...

Back