Gonna need some knowledge

HillsRider

On the DHS watch list
Donating Member
Registered
A friend and I just picked up a 2001 TL1000R that needs a few parts and some assembly. Anyone have some experience with one that would be willing to help me out as questions arise during the rebuild? Thanks in advance!
ThumbsUp.gif

I rebuilt mine twice if you have any questions pm me ? I also have some misc bolts for the TL1000s mostly I think are engine mount bolts. The most fun part of the build is messing with all the timing gears since it has no chain.
beerchug.gif

the black round things go on the ground? hope that helps....
whistling.gif

Thanks TA, I will keep you in my contacts for future questions. Luckily, we shouldn't have to get into the motor (ya right!) Just need to fix some crash damage and remount the plastics. Picked it up $1000 with a clean title (no salvage) and 8000 miles on it.

And Bogus... Thanks alot..
cool.gif

any time man, any time...
rofl.gif
was looking at one myself actually... I want another bike (smaller for commuting) let me know your thoughts about the thing after you get it up and running..

ask and ye shall Get!! Ive had my hands in on few also.

Josh

Ryders Connection

any time man, any time...  
rofl.gif
  was looking at one myself actually... I want another bike (smaller for commuting) let me know your thoughts about the thing after you get it up and running..
Hopefully we will have it together by the end of the month. I will let you know how it goes!
super.gif

Thought about getting one before I got the Busa, but never did.

The reason i bought the busa was they didnt make the TL anymore love the bike get some pics up for the ORG. before and after shots maybe and a tag along while you put back together goodluck brother
beerchug.gif
lurk.gif
beerchug.gif

beerchug.gif

Back