Gonna be a new daddy!!

DO NOT FIND OUT WHAT IT IS!!!!!!!

Leave that bit of excitement for the end.
Yeah, I don't think I'd want to know anything more than tht it looked healthy/normal before birth. It's supposed to be a surprise!
wink.gif

I understand the surprise of it all. Sometimes I just think it would help with the prior planning and all. I would hate to paint the girls room blue or put the big strapping fella in a pink blanket to take him home
laugh.gif
He might just get some payback for that one some day! I just dunno.
rock.gif

p.s. went back home (to Texas) and told the folks. They were exicted, and screaming about time.
blush.gif

Here's wishing you an APGAR 10!  
wink.gif
Sounds like some Lord of the Rings stuff, Mikey... WTF bro?
rock.gif
It's a test that they perform just after birth to determine if everything's "normal" with the baby BT...for inquiring minds...

A score is given for each sign at one minute and five minutes after the birth. If there are problems with the baby an additional score is given at 10 minutes. A score of 7-10 is considered normal, while 4-7 might require some resuscitative measures, and a baby with apgars of 3 and below requires immediate resuscitation.

A Activity (Muscle Tone) Arms and Legs Flexed Active Movement
P Pulse Absent Below 100 bpm Above 100 bpm
G Grimace (Reflex Irritability) No Response Grimace Sneeze, cough, pulls away
A Appearance (Skin Color)  Blue-gray, pale all over Normal, except for extremities Normal over entire body
R Respiration Absent Slow, irregular Good, crying

I understand the surprise of it all. Sometimes I just think it would help with the prior planning and all. I would hate to paint the girls room blue or put the big strapping fella in a pink blanket to take him home
laugh.gif
 He might just get some payback for that one some day! I just dunno.
rock.gif

p.s. went back home (to Texas) and told the folks. They were exicted, and screaming about time.
blush.gif
My husband and I didn't find out the sex with either of our two...we just picked bright colors and themes for the baby room. Disney Babies with red trim...it would suit a boy or girl just fine...take white blankets to the hospital for carrying the baby home!

It was so worth that wait, but it was very hard with family begging for us to find out...I'd highly recommend not finding out the sex if you can help it...it makes the birth day so much more exciting...

My sister's due in July, and she's going to find out what she's having when I'm in Denver next month...I have tried to talk her out of it, but she's made up her mind...

<!--EDIT|VaBusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1077032705 -->

Whatcha doing coming to Denver? I'm bout an hour south of there. Is that where your sis is? I understand bout not knowing. I guess we could just do neutral stuff too. We're not getting anything from the family about finding out. I will prolly break down and do it her way
smile.gif

Whatcha doing coming to Denver? I'm bout an hour south of there. Is that where your sis is? I understand bout not knowing. I guess we could just do neutral stuff too. We're not getting anything from the family about finding out. I will prolly break down and do it her way
smile.gif
I'm driving out to visit with my sister...she's 4 1/2 months pregnant now, and her husband travels most of the time for work...she lives in Longmont now, if I remember correctly!

She and I were born in Denver...I moved from Aurora when I was 9 to VA, but I've always loved being so close to the mountains...my sister missed it enough to move back there, met a great guy and the rest is history...

Encourage your wife to keep it secret...I'm telling you, it's hard, but it's so much fun finding out when they're born...

Here's wishing you an APGAR 10!  
wink.gif
Sounds like some Lord of the Rings stuff, Mikey... WTF bro?
rock.gif
It's a test that they perform just after birth to determine if everything's "normal" with the baby BT...for inquiring minds...

A score is given for each sign at one minute and five minutes after the birth. If there are problems with the baby an additional score is given at 10 minutes. A score of 7-10 is considered normal, while 4-7 might require some resuscitative measures, and a baby with apgars of 3 and below requires immediate resuscitation.

A Activity (Muscle Tone) Arms and Legs Flexed Active Movement
P Pulse Absent Below 100 bpm Above 100 bpm
G Grimace (Reflex Irritability) No Response Grimace Sneeze, cough, pulls away
A Appearance (Skin Color)  Blue-gray, pale all over Normal, except for extremities Normal over entire body
R Respiration Absent Slow, irregular Good, crying
What She said.
idea.gif

Thanks VA!

Sounds like a new poll question to me.....
biggrin.gif

As far as APGAR: I got educated in that one too....Wifey is a LPN

Now on to the poll.......
laugh.gif

p.s. I guess I know your vote VA! You should come out again when it's time. Looks like there are a few of us out here in Colorado. Would be a good excuse for a ride
beerchug.gif

<!--EDIT|BusaboyCO
Reason for Edit: None given...|1077071398 -->

My sister's due in July and my father wants to ride out...not sure he's thinking bikes...but I guess a cage will be okay if I get to see a new baby!

When's your wife's due date? I'd love to come out, but I somehow don't see you riding when a new baby's living under your roof...your wife will shoot you!
tounge.gif

Not due till Oct. 1, so I'll have plenty of time for riding
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
. BTW wife (her name is Jade) said that I would need to get away on the Busa to ecsape her moodiness! Knew there was a reason I loved her!!

biggrin.gif

Hello everyone! This is mrs. busaboy. Just read all of your comments....Thank you so much for all your input and advice. mr.busaboy and I are taking it all in stride and trying to survive my moodiness. he will be happy when the warm weather breaks so he can get out of the house and get on his bike.
biggrin.gif
and terrorize the roads a bit. I am only sad that I can not go with him at all this year
sad.gif
I am still sticking firlmly to not wanting to know what the sex is but I did lose at cards so if he pouts too much then we will find out(after all that is how he got the Busa
tounge.gif
)Anyway thanks again.....Jade(aka mrs busaboy)

Back