Going to see Grandpa tommorrow

yamahor

DEAD MAN WALKING
Donating Member
Registered
So, I would like to thank the board for the donations I received to send me to see my grandfather. That's the most touching thing thats ever happened to me, I was in tears at the generosity of you people... Thanks again, I get to see Grandpa for a couple days.
bowdown.gif

As for my time down there, I'll be there from Monday, December 11 at probably 8pm-ish to either Wednesday or Thursday morning (depends on how much gas it takes to get down there). I'm not going to be with family constantly, mainly because Grandpa needs his rest, so I'm assuming from 8 PM on, I'd be free to meet up with anyone in the area. I'll be staying at the Scottish Inn in Southside Jacksonville area. If anyone around there wants to meet, give me a call (540) 649-2242.

i'm glad to hear that you are going to get to see him...have a safe trip and enjoy it
beerchug.gif

Have a great time and enjoy your stay. It was everyones pleausure to help.

Happy Holidays to you and yours.

runeight...

Have a great trip, man!

Let us know how it goes.

--Wag--

beerchug.gif
Ride safe Ben and watch yer bike in Florida ......whole different ballgame down there !

Glad you are getting to go Ben. I know you have wanted this for quite a while now! Have fun during your visit!

Thanks everyone, I got down there and visited for a while. Unfortunately, problems back here in VA caused me to come back a little early. Grandpa is doing VERY well all things considered. The family said he's improved %100 over the last week. He's not back up to full health... heck, unfortunately, he can't even sit up on his own yet, but he is the toughest 81 yr old man I've known. I spent all day yesterday with him, and it really brightened him up. I got to help him in his physical therapy sessions, and I also helped him around his room. I got to see my aunt Cindra whom I haven't seen in probably close to 10 yrs also. Had lunch with her yesterday. All in all, it was a great trip. Thanks again for everyones help and support!

good to hear
beerchug.gif
glad you got to spend some time with your family

beerchug.gif
, glad to hear he is doing better. I can feel for you. Had to go down to Florida twice this year to help out my grandparents. Grandpa brole his hand and when I got down to their place it was not good. We lined up help for them and it was not good enough. went back down, my grandma ended up in the hospital. My grandma lost her mind and is now in a home. I moved my grandpa up with me. He is 85. Spent some time in Jax while I was there. Was born there. My grandfather is doing much better and grandma is 30 minutes away from us and he gets to see her everyday. I have seen a huge improvement in both of them. You going down and seeing him was probably more valuable than you will ever know. Family is very important. Glad you made it down there and glad he is doing better.

(Fate @ Dec. 14 2006,01:12)
beerchug.gif
 , glad to hear he is doing better. I can feel for you. Had to go down to Florida twice this year to help out my grandparents. Grandpa brole his hand and  when I got down to their place it was not good. We lined up help for them and it was not good enough. went back down, my grandma ended up in the hospital. My grandma lost her mind and is now in a home. I moved my grandpa up with me. He is 85. Spent some time in Jax while I was there. Was born there. My grandfather is doing much better and grandma is 30 minutes away from us and he gets to see her everyday. I have seen a huge improvement in both of them. You going down and seeing him was probably more valuable than you will ever know. Family is very important. Glad you made it down there and glad he is doing better.
Sory to hear about your Grandmother. At least you are now closer to them and they are both doing better.

Back