going to korea

ogre

Call me Liberace!
Registered
my wife isn't on my orders. fml. it's a mountain of paperwork, i hope i can get her approved to go over with me. anyone been there? camp humphreys is where i'm headed.

Was there (Korea) about 15 years ago. Not a bad place at all - just have to get used to the smells. What are you gonna do over there?

looks so far like the wife isn't going. i'll be ~50 miles north of seoul.

Guesing the busa isnt going with you? f that, would not want to be stationed in korea. I guess accompanies would be alright but i would miss the hell out of my vehicles and US soil...

vehicles are authorized, if you're WITH dependents. so until my wife is there, no vehicles. and motorcycles can be shipped with "household goods". i'm not sure if i'm going to ship it or sell it. i know my wife will have power of attorney when i leave. if i need to, i'll sell the busa, and maybe buy another one when i get home. maybe a boosted one.

A good friend of mine used to be stationed over there. Make sure you know what the term for dog is. She ended up eating some mistakenly, because she thought it translated to beef.

Good luck over there, and thank you again for doing what you do! :thumbsup:

Good luck, And thanks for the service.

I spent two years in Korea...and i been to Humphreys on an occasion :)...Its an ok spot, typical army post set up ( lots of reflective belts regulations and formation runs ) and few good spots to eat at...I wouldn't recommend going there with the old lady cause you will chill there for several years instead of one

Sell the busa, and buy a new one when you get back. You are not going to have much opportunity to ride.

Been there, done that. It is not bad at all, it is much better than it ever used to be. I would not take my bike over there though. If you do not want to store it for a year, just sell it and pick up another when you return. I left a newer sports car that I had purchased in my parents garage and they took care of it for me. When I returned home after a year, it was nice not to have to worry about transportation and what not.

They exercise a lot over there and the time will fly by. Make sure you get out and away from the base. If you get the chance, head down to Pusan as the coast is really quite nice. You can usually catch a hop to Hawaii as well, but be sure you have the leave in case you get bumped.

So much to do there, just enjoy it and time will fly by.

looking forward to seoul, cirque du soleil is opening in april. my wife wants to go so she can see all the cool stuff. and if she was there, i don't care how long i'd have to stay. she's my reason for hanging around this little marble called earth. first things i'm buying over there, xbox 360, lcd tv, and a nice digital SLR (for teh owsum snaps).

DO NOT BUY AN SLR CAMERA OVER THERE!!!!!! Buy one from Cameta Camera or something...In Seoul you will pay WAAAAY more than US retail and Base Exchange is not cheaper at all...Trust me, i bought my D90 while i was in Osan in '09 and i had that joint shipped from New Jersey

Really? Dang. I didn't want to buy one while I was home

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

I have seen 7 cirque du soleil shows so far, and have never been disappointed.

You will like Korea, just get out and see the culture. I was in the harbor of Pusan and ate some fresh eel that was still squirming when it was put on my plate. Crazy place, but fun.

Live eel...You will eat dog ( they claim its chicken ), drink their moonshine and other things...You will become a slave to Chicken or Beef Bulgogi...I guarantee it

I've had beef bulgogi, it's legit, but I'm not eating friggn dog.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Back