Go Pro or Contour camera?

Trax

Banned
Which is better?
tough.jpg

41qKJ0Wp8DL._AA300_.jpg

what do you plan to do with it? Contour is basically a helmet cam, doesn't have as many mounting options as the GoPro. Both give you great HD video. I just got a Roam and with its "one step" recording its super easy to use, but you need a computer if you wanna change the video resolution or take pics. I also have a GoPro HD960(Hero2 on order) and its just the opposite, not as easy to use but you can configure the cam to your liking without using a computer.

I have a GoPro and both the Roam and Contour Plus. The roam is super easy to use, but as you point out, you have to change the settings with a computer. The advantage of the plus is that it has bluetooth - so I connect to my iPhone and can confige settings (including changing between resolution and video/photo modes) but also, I can see the vantage point through my phone. I can be configured for live streaming - but the set up for that is big money. Personally, I prefer the contour plus to the GoPro.

Just my .02

There's a new camera coming out in Feb.2012 thats supposed to challenge the Go-Pro Cam called
"CamOne Infinity" for about $250
Cam_One_specs.jpg

This soon-to-be-released (Feb. 2012) video camera is smaller than the GoPro, has a built-in screen, dual micro-SD slots, changeable lens, multiple buttons, metal case, WaterProof case to 120', and 'battery heater' for cold weather.
FaceBook Links Do Not Work
Looks like this new mini-cam will also have the option of BROADCASTING the video.... and also have a GPS option.
Also a 'wired remote' screen to view while filming:
...and a weather-proof case (down to 120'), with ability to mount in many locations... like the GoPro.

OP, look into the new Drift HD. I've used that as well as the GoPro and the Contour and the Drift is by far the best of the bunch. The list of things it comes with is unreal, check it out for yourself i'm sure you'll be happy with the camera I sure know I was.

OP, look into the new Drift HD. I've used that as well as the GoPro and the Contour and the Drift is by far the best of the bunch. The list of things it comes with is unreal, check it out for yourself i'm sure you'll be happy with the camera I sure know I was.

WOW, nice cam,has everything, a little pricey thou

Damn you Blanca! I was about to pull the trigger on a Go Pro HD2 and now I'm totally confused. :dunno:

WOW, nice cam,has everything, a little pricey thou

Yes it is but if you put together everything that the Drift has and try to get the same for the GoPro it will be more expensive and next to impossible to mount since it'll be extremely bulky

Oh boy :banghead: here we go. Just got hero2 and that one above looks awesome.

The benefits to it were the selling point for me, that and talking to the guy that brought them to Canada was definately helpful

I haven't looked at the site I just talk to the guy that sells them locally and part of the benefit to me was that you can hard wire in the camera on the bike and record continuously until the memory card is full so no more batteries dying which is great. Also it comes with a built in LCD screen and wireless remote control that you can mount anywhere like on your wrist or the triple tree. The lens is adjustable so can literally mount the camera anywhere and just turn the lens and have perfectly straight recording. Also, it has a mic jack on it so you can have a mic in the helmet and listen to yourself or run it to the exhaust and hear that. Like I mentioned it has numerous benefits that nothing else has

After doing some research "CoastToCoast" was right.

The "New Drift HD" is much better than the "Go Pro HD" or anything else out there.
The "Go pro HD" and all the other sports cams lack some nice features that the "New Drift HD" cam have such as remote control and LCD screen and a few other nice features that the other cams don't have. This is defiantly the cam I am going to get:
Drift-HD-camera.jpg

Glad I could help, can't tell you enough of how happy I am with this camera, also it had a loop for a tether strap, unlike the GoPro, so if for some reason it does fall off the mount you won't lose it

After doing some research "CoastToCoast" was right.

The "New Drift HD" is much better than the "Go Pro HD" or anything else out there.
The "Go pro HD" and all the other sports cams lack some nice features that the "New Drift HD" cam have such as remote control and LCD screen and a few other nice features that the other cams don't have. This is defiantly the cam I am going to get:
Drift-HD-camera.jpg

Gopro does have an LCD screen already out and will be releasing a remote control wifi BacPac soon.
So what else does the drift have gopro 'doesn't?

The screen and remote are already out for the GoPro but they are all separate items to purchase, they all come included with the drift, I did all the research before purchase so if you don't have one I suggest you do the research too

Just picked up a gopro hd2 with lcdpac and after looking at that drift hd i am having doubts. Having said that gopro does have a gazzilion mounts to compliment the cam. plus stellar picture quality. Anybody used the drift hd to comment on the usability and picture quality ?

The GoPro was the first out of these microsmall video camera's. It's a matter of time before someone improves upon it's design/features.

The Drift may have been the best for its features, but the Hero2 and Contour+ pretty much have those some features now.

I think Gopro's selling point is its mounting options.

Back