Go Pro cameras just arrived!

suction cup works fine on the fairing. Enjoy the stampede
be safe.:beerchug:

So no need for a tether or anything like that? I would hate to see my new camera bouncing down the highway....

Suction cup just sounds and looks risky..

So no need for a tether or anything like that? I would hate to see my new camera bouncing down the highway....

Suction cup just sounds and looks risky..

Good question CAp...ask Tim at Pashnit...he has used EVERY mounting system available :thumbsup:

Both Tim and I jury rigged our GoPro's to a RAM plate and use the RAM accessories. You can use the VHB tape as they come with the system, but beware you may have a hell of a time getting it off later without taking paint if you try.

I think a tether of some kind is a good idea (make sure it won't cause you to wreck if it's used..); just in case I also ran some zip ties thru my camera housing thru the RAM plate as extra security if the GoPro plates somehow broke.....

beware you may have a hell of a time getting it off later without taking paint if you try

Great, I put it on the bike last night just to see if it would stay on over the night... sounds like it may be a permenant fixture.

VHB tape is about the strongest bonding tape that 3M makes and they use it for alot of automotive purposes. We sell it. Here's what I've been told is about the only way to get it off: Use a piece of piano wire or guitar wire to cut thru the tape to get off whatever you stuck on there; then goof-off for the residue not as likely to harm the paint finish. VHB uses an acrylic adhesive (can we say crazy-glue?) and that stuff is STRONG. Might not be worth trying to take off; is why I stuck mine (along with a tapped bolt) to stick mine onto a RAM mount....

I use my suction cup mount religiously and have never had a problem, this with some pretty fast runs. As long as it is installed correctly you are good, however I do attach a lanyard sometimes for added peice of mind.:thumbsup:

The GoPro is the left screen and the suction mount is being used!

th_SOFAST2.jpg

Last edited:
I use suction cup. At first I used to always keep an eye out and was worried one of those peeks i wont find it there no more. but to my surprise it was always there everytime. With time I ran very high speeds and that cup really really works great. I place it on my left fairing, great visibility and vids. Sound is very low though, even if you disable sound isolation. But Vids are very OK. Battery dies quick, they say you should use lithium. I never tried lithium as I am unable to find any here in Qatar. I use Alkaline Advanced. they dont recommend rechargeable, but thinking of using them anyways coz batteries are a big cost. Enjoy Captain!

The suction cup, if properly attached, will stay on fine. I've used it on my chest protector off-road and it didn't budge. If you use one of the base plates with the tape it will be pretty much permanent without a lot of work and possibly paint loss. I haven't used the camera on the Busa yet... because I haven't been on the Busa much. :cry:
But I plan on using the suction cup mount when I do.
Be sure the SD card is fully inserted or you will get about 2 seconds of video each time.
Use good batteries and bring spares :thumbsup:
Safe trip.

Back