Go pro camera?

dolilind

Registered
I got this camera and it works real nice, but i can't seem to get it to record more than 5 1/2 mins.. Whats the deal?

which version is it and what size card do you have?

LOL, which camera and what card do you have? What resolution setting?

I would guess your memory card is not bug enough or is it a power issue? I believe it takes SD cards correct if so they are dirt cheap :beerchug:

I got this camera and it works real nice, but i can't seem to get it to record more than 5 1/2 mins.. Whats the deal?

Darrell, will assume you have the HD version and not the 2009 Hero model. The HD uses up to a 32 gb card but many opt to go with 2 16gb cards. Also try re-formatting the card after you download each batch of files from your days ride.

Have to tried the timed photography feature and does that work fine? Tried a different SD card? The GoPro HD saves its file in a MP4 format which is newer and not compatible with some older programs.

If you can't troubleshoot this yourself, then log onto the GoPro site and post up:
GoPro Official Store: Wearable Digital Cameras for Sports

GoPro is also highly active on Facebook and that operates in real-time if you use Facebook to talk to the source. If you feel this develops into an warranty issue, then you'll need to contact GoPro direct at the link above. You can also call them at 415-738-2480.

Minimum SDHC Class 4 recommended. I had problems with mine stopping recording when I was using the SDHC Class 2 I had gotten for my still camera.

Last edited:
I'd bet it's a card issue. Make sure it's a class 4 card and at least 16GB. I only have one 16GB card and I've had around 30 min. of 1080p video and 38 stills on it and still had room. I don't know exactly how much it will hold because I've never reached the limit, but I would bet it's a card issue.

I'd bet it's a card issue. Make sure it's a class 4 card and at least 16GB. I only have one 16GB card and I've had around 30 min. of 1080p video and 38 stills on it and still had room. I don't know exactly how much it will hold because I've never reached the limit, but I would bet it's a card issue.

That is the same card I use. Oh, and for customer service? My latch broke on the protective case, sent them an email from their site, gopro.com, and there is a new one in the mail, no questions asked. Thanks Gopro!

That is the same card I use. Oh, and for customer service? My latch broke on the protective case, sent them an email from their site, gopro.com, and there is a new one in the mail, no questions asked. Thanks Gopro!

I had the EXACT SAME problem on Fri. I was headed out to the track and was changing the door and the latch broke. I emailed em, and they replied in about 5 min. saying to send em a picture, the serial number, and my mailing address and they'd send another one. I did, and about 5 min. later they sent me a reply saying it had been shipped.

I had the EXACT SAME problem on Fri. I was headed out to the track and was changing the door and the latch broke. I emailed em, and they replied in about 5 min. saying to send em a picture, the serial number, and my mailing address and they'd send another one. I did, and about 5 min. later they sent me a reply saying it had been shipped.

they did the exact same thing for me and added another battery.

side note @ 1080p an 8GB will last about 1.5 hours

32GB @ 720p 60fps = 6 hours

Im gonna take a guess and say this is a gopro hero wide angle model. The instructions say i can use up to a 2g sd card expandable to a 4g sdhc card or somthing like that. It was a x-mas present and i can see now its not exactly the one i thought it was.

But anyways it still says i should be able to get 56 mins on this card. What gives? is it a bad card?

Have you got the card all the way in? I have read that the GoPro Wide will hold 16MB on it's internal memory without a card. Several still photos or a short video.. Just something to check, all the way in until it clicks.

Have you contacted GoPro customer support? They should be able to tell you exactly what's going on and how to fix it.

its in all the way. its clicks and the video does get recorded to the card. It will record for about 1 hour but every five mins you need to hit the record button again.

also it will show the new video number in the window everytime you click it

Might try a different card, but if it doesn't fix it, then that sounds like a problem in the camera. Yes, contact the customer support. If they don't have an answer/fix, see about sending it back for an exchange.

Back