GMC DURAMAX NO FUEL

If it still wont start after putting the new filter on I'll be back with plenty of
rock.gif
???
Thanks in advance for all of your help guys

Anybody wanna buy a truck
laugh.gif

The fuel leaking at all is no good check that the filter is on correctly, You might have droped a o-ring when filling it.
Next get some starting fluid and spray a little bit (and I mean little) in to air intake and crank it over DONT TOUCH THE THROTLE!!!!!!!!!
It may not start the first try or two but when it does there will be lots of noise and black smoke for the first few seconds. ONCE AGAIN DONT TOUCH THE THROTLE!!!!!!!
Let it run for 15 mins then shut it off hook up air intake and restart.

On a side note dont forget to add anti gel to your tank if used in cold areas.

I have a few tow trucks I have to deal with (drivers running out of fuel)

The fuel leaking at all is no good check that the filter is on correctly, You might have droped a o-ring when filling it.
Next get some starting fluid and spray a little bit (and I mean little) in to air intake and crank it over DONT TOUCH THE THROTLE!!!!!!!!!
It may not start the first try or two but when it does there will be lots of noise and black smoke for the first few seconds. ONCE AGAIN DONT TOUCH THE THROTLE!!!!!!!
Let it run for 15 mins then shut it off hook up air intake and restart.

On a side note dont forget to add anti gel to your tank if used in cold areas.

I have a few tow trucks I have to deal with (drivers running out of fuel)
Its leaking from the very bottom of the filter. I pumped it 5x and it got hard and about three seconds later fuel jets out from bottom of filter. Oh well. Time for a new one anyway
dunno.gif

Update- After one trip to the parts store to get filter, a few minutes getting old filter off, a few more getting my hand unstuck, ten minutes trying to get new filter on, ten more still trying, still wont go on, a few minutes comparing the old and new filters to each other and noticing the tops look different, going back to parts store thinking I got the wrong filter, double checking before I go inside parts store to get another filter and realizing the new filter wont fit is because one of the old gaskets stuck on the filter block, returned home, five minutes of work, a few pumps on primer one crank----RUNNING TRUCK!!!!

Thanks again for everybody's help and suggestions
ThumbsUp.gif

Update- After one trip to the parts store to get filter, a few minutes getting old filter off, a few more getting my hand unstuck, ten minutes trying to get new filter on, ten more still trying, still wont go on, a few minutes comparing the old and new filters to each other and noticing the tops look different, going back to parts store thinking I got the wrong filter, double checking before I go inside parts store to get another filter and realizing the new filter wont fit is because one of the old gaskets stuck on the filter block, returned home, five minutes of work, a few pumps on primer one crank----RUNNING TRUCK!!!!

Thanks again for everybody's help and suggestions
ThumbsUp.gif
Looks like solarbarack was right about the old gasket still being on. Glad we could help.

Don't feel too bad, I've done it myself and work with them every day. Glad to see your up and running again.

i have limped home with a stopped up filter before about 20 miles a hour for 10 miles, while pulling a horse trailer. glad your up and running.

Give her a shot of starting fluid. A little hard on the motor but it should work.
DO NOT USE STARTING FLUID!!! You can use regular gas on a rag and hold it up nest to the air intake. That may help!
You can use regular gas to start a diesel motor.  
rock.gif

RSD.
He means that it will aid combustion due to it's lower compression-ignition threshold. Thus, getting the cylinders up to temperature easier.

Back