Hayabusa Fuel Pump whining noise................................

himanshu23

Registered
Hey all

My 2011 busa is having a issue whining noise from fuel pump motor is heard during priming and engine running. I had cleaned a fully clogged fuel strainer and fuel filter. new parts were ordered. There is no issue in performance but i am worried why pump is generating whining noise.

Fuel level in tank more than half. Fuel RON 90 from SHELL fuel Station.

Please help what would be the possible reason for the same.

Go out riding with my friend PirateDiverJeff on his 2011 Hayabusa ~ if he gets in front on the curb side nothing but pipe *

Can not hear anything at all ~ if he takes the baffle completely out *

All I can think of is the clogged filter and strainer may have damaged the pump a bit? I would run it a while, maybe with an in tank cleaner like BG 44K in the gas, see if it gets worse or hopefully goes away.

Hey all

My 2011 busa is having a issue whining noise from fuel pump motor is heard during priming and engine running. I had cleaned a fully clogged fuel strainer and fuel filter. new parts were ordered. There is no issue in performance but i am worried why pump is generating whining noise.

Please help what would be the possible reason for the same.
I am having the same issue which started as low fuel pressure, turns out it was the fuel pressure regulator. Have you managed to find out what the problem was? I replaced my fuel pump with 2 new Bosch fuel pumps and returned it as it was whining, thinking the pumps are faulty, the old one did not whine though. bought new pump again from Fuel performance as per pic below and it also whines when bike primes and when riding. The weird thing is though, after installation and primed the pump a few times before start it was quiet, thinking issue solved, When I started the bike to test ride to check fuel pressure on top at around 7k revs up, fuel pump started to whine on prime and riding.
Someone told me to check the amperage of fuel pump and fuel pump relay. anyone know what are these figures should be and can it cause this issue? My bike runs fine though with no issue except for the whining noise. The Quantum pump has life time warranty and they claim it is as quiet if not more quiet than oem pump, hence the whining noise concerns me. new filter pressure regulator, ultrasonic bathed the old fuel pump and filter housing, added boost injector cleaner from Motul in tank afterwards as well, so everything should be fine in terms of fueling system

1710409115177.png

I thought they discontinued that?
The Gen-2 has a compression ratio of 12.5:1

Public Service Announcement:
From BP website: RON 90 is designated for vehicles with 9-10 compression ratio. For a 10-11 compression ratio, it is recommended to use RON 92
I run 95 here, in all my vehicles..

Tips in Choosing Quality Fuel for Your Motorcycle
Keep in mind, if you continue to use fuel that is not ideal, the combustion chamber on your motorbike will rapidly get dirty. This will affect your motorbike’s performance,

I thought they discontinued that?
The Gen-2 has a compression ratio of 12.5:1

Public Service Announcement:
From BP website: RON 90 is designated for vehicles with 9-10 compression ratio. For a 10-11 compression ratio, it is recommended to use RON 92
I run 95 here, in all my vehicles..

Tips in Choosing Quality Fuel for Your Motorcycle
Keep in mind, if you continue to use fuel that is not ideal, the combustion chamber on your motorbike will rapidly get dirty. This will affect your motorbike’s performance,
Good info right there!
I use only 95 octane here in NZ.

Back