GL's stable mate almost done...

CAT3

Donating Member
Registered
My buddy Laddy's 04' GSXR600 started out two weeks ago as another yellow stocker, with the exception of Pazzo Levers I helped encourage him to get thru our GP's (as well as 4 other riders I know). (his bike is also the yellow ride in the video "Vertical Joy Ride" on myspace.com/cat3n4

Link Removed

Link Removed

I helped him install the Yosh Duplex system last week, sounds sweet too. He stopped by Thursday and added the Power Commander (still needs to power up the bike to load the 600 map, appearently it had a 750 map in it and without the 9v adapter needs the bikes power). I powdered his passenger rearsets, and fender eliminator kit. His choice of paint is Nason Black and Clear (about 5+ coats roughly of each). We ran out of clear coat activator Sat. evening, and of course the paint supply store is closed on Sunday. So, tomorrow night he'll be shooting the clear on the tank and my mirrors. Final assembly will be Tuesday after work, followed by Wed. night buffing and polishing.
Our buddy Jon, aka Double Down scubbing the tank clean.
Link Removed

Laddy placed the stickers and was getting ready for clear coating.
Link Removed

Link Removed

Half assembled, tail section buffed and polished. Like black mirrors, definately badazz for his first time ever painting.
Link Removed

Front and sides still need wetsanding, buffing and polishing.
Link Removed

Theres a few more coats over the stickers and it looks incredible.
Link Removed

Link Removed

I will never forget the conversation we had. Laddy asked if I ever painted a car/bike. I said, only the doors on my old '79 Z-28 with Lacquer which was easy. He then asks, whats the hardest solid color to paint? I reply, oh thats got to be black, it shows every little imperfection, run, dimple, etc.. its a bitch to paint and look good and to keep looking good afterward. He says, good, I'm going to paint mine black! So far his paint is putting mine to shame. When ppl say you get what you pay for, well, his has cost around $400-500 incl' paint guns (which are $10 and $30 from Harbor Frieght...God I love that place). My paint cost $70, and there looks to be a good $300 difference easy, and his isn't even finished yet
sad.gif
But, if I actually move to Colorado this summer, I talked the wife into letting me get some new painter plastics and paint my own stuff, she likes that idea.

Charlie

(heavybusa @ Feb. 05 2007,05:14) Black is a pain in the arse. Nice work!
Yeah it is. Its killing me having to wait 90days to wax it....I wash it, and then static pulls every little speck of dust to it, as if the dry grass wasn't bad enough, or the finger prints..... labor of love I suppose.

Well, he got the tank shot another coat of black, and then about a pint or more of clear (man that was a lot of clear!). Also cleared my mirrors for me, so those will be back on tomorrow. Also tomorrow, we'll be hooking up the Power Commander and attempting to get the map dialed in.

Back