Getting or have a Speedohealer?

justintime2

What's your story?
Donating Member
Registered
Recently ordered a plug-n-play SH for the Busa and ran into a couple of snags. If you don't want to waste your time reading further Norbert @ SH is great and they are a solid business with excellent customer service.

1-The plug-n-play for the Busa has a small problem, they can't get the actuall plastic housings for Suzuki yet so they have the pins (individually insulated) that fit into both sides of the Busa connectors. This was not stated well on their site and I did not catch the fine print. They have since changed that. The secureness is a little sketch but if tied up on the harness properly for a secure fit and use some dielectric grease to keep any water and crap out of the now open connectors, it seems to work great. I am on the waiting list for the Suzuki plug housings though.

2-The 3ft. cable the kit comes with is not long enough to make it to the Busa's trunk, which is the best spot for it due to easy access to its features. If you let them know when you order they will send you a custom length cable at no additional cost. 54" is good for the Busa. This will give you lots of options for a trunk mount.

3-On the previous V2.0 with the top speed memory recall you just held down the button to recall last top speed (it was displayed as long as button was held) and it reset when the igniton turned off. The reset could be changed by wiring it up constant instead of to the speedo sensor's ign. switched power and just use a switch in-line to manually reset when needed.

4-The custom version kit gives the ability to remote mount a switch wherever you want instead of using the button on the unit. There were some grumbles in a few posts that I read about the wire coming from the unit for the switch being a small gauge and shielded which made it very difficult and fragile to work with. They changed it to use a molex connector on the brain that allows use of your own wire and switch by a removable connector that has wire screw downs on it. It does come with a switch too.

5-The V2.1 that has just come out and I don't even think is on the website yet, has a cool new feature. You do not need to wire it up constant and use two switches for the memory. It is stored in flash memory now and recalled/reset through a single button. Press the button once and the TSM is recalled for 3 secs., press and hold until the needle falls back down and it is reset.

6-Norbert got me one of the new unreleased units and I found that the  3sec TSM did not work well for the Busa due to the needle sweep time and not being digital. Although the busa does it's full needle sweeps quite quickly on power up, when recalling to a specific speed it happens slightly slower. This is due to the SH regenerating the right frequency signal to reproduce the recall which starts the needle off sweeping towards its mark quite fast, as it approaches the speed though in the last 25% of it's sweep it slows perpetually until it hits the goal line. This is due to the increasing resistance of the needle as it sweeps higher. bottom line the last 25% of the needles travel accounts for probably 50+% of the recall time and at around 160mph it would not have enough time to recall the speed before the 3secs expired and the needle headed back down. Working with Norbert and doing some stop watch measurements on my Busa, we were able to come up with a fix before they were officially released. The new V2.1 will have a recall time of 5.5 secs which should work well with the Busa at all speeds.

7-Something to remember is that whenever you do the top speed recall it is clocking miles on your odometer. So if you did 100mph and recalled it, your bike would think it had gone 100mph for 5.5 secs and add the appropriate distance to your odo. Not much to get excited about though, because the Busa odo is accurate and adjusting the speedo error down by the roughly 8% that it's over by, your odo will also get the same amount of reduction in logged miles, roughly 8%.

Not trying to pimp anyones product but this is a great mod, great company, and I learned alot while taking my speedohealer journey, and wanted to share any vaulauble information. Weather it is of any value or not, you will have to decide!
smile.gif

The custom kit with plug-n-play V2.1 is $99usd shipped TYD, I don't believe the $ will change with the new release but who knows.

Their page says they don't ship to the U.S. except through dealers.

I noticed that too but I have ordered through their site both times. WTF
rock.gif
They accept paypal too so they must be a backup to the dealers if you can't find one? I am glad I did order direct though, you always get the newest and what I went through would have been completely different had I been working with a dealer, IMO.

emailed them first and let them know what I wanted. After he responded and gave me price I paypal'd him the $ and they shiiped it right out, comes from Hungary so it will take a week or so.

Did you order online or did you call them?
Hey BigBS, you can order one from www.calsportbike.com and talk to a guy named Todd. He's a cool guy. When I ordered mine a few months ago, I got the older version. I hadn't installed it yet and emailed them to see if I could get the latest version. He accepted the old unit and sent me a new one and didn't even charge me shipping. Todd is a really cool guy. He answers emails at this address: sales@calsportbike.com He does reply quickly. I have emailed him with questions and he always replies within an hour or two.
cool.gif

Brian

Did you order online or did you call them?
Hey BigBS, you can order one from www.calsportbike.com and talk to a guy named Todd.  He's a cool guy.  When I ordered mine a few months ago, I got the older version.  I hadn't installed it yet and emailed them to see if I could get the latest version.  He accepted the old unit and sent me a new one and didn't even charge me shipping.  Todd is a really cool guy.  He answers emails at this address: sales@calsportbike.com  He does reply quickly.  I have emailed him with questions and he always replies within an hour or two.
cool.gif

Brian
Yep, I've talked to Todd a couple times already. Just checking out the options at this point. Most likely I will order the SH and a couple other items from him this week. Did you get the Ver 2.0 or 2.1 that JT2 was talking about?

Really good info. I definately need to get one for mine.

Just an update on ordering SpeedoHealers from SpeedoHealer.com.  I sent them an e-mail asking how to go about ordering one from them and here is the response:

We can not ship directly to a US address, unless a custom kit is ordered.
A custom kit with remote button and longer harness costs 83 EUR shipped
(approx. 100 USD).
Our US distributor, Cal-Sportbike will have V2.1 Suzuki kits in-stock in
about 8 days.

with Kind Regards,
/Norbert
SpeedoHealer.com

Guess I will wait until the middle of the month before ordering mine.
smile.gif

<!--EDIT|BigBSBusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1094419480 -->

Just an update on ordering SpeedoHealers from SpeedoHealer.com.  I sent them an e-mail asking how to go about ordering one from them and here is the response:

(approx. 100 USD).
about 8 days.

with Kind Regards,
/Norbert
SpeedoHealer.com

smile.gif
Keep in mind that the custom unit is the way to go, IMO. The 36" cable that the unit comes with is not long enough to put the SH anywhere that you can access it on the Busa. 54" is what you want and the remote mount button option is cool so you don't have to remove the rear hump, or panels if you get the 36" cable, to recall the top speed. Also after you add the shipping expenses from the calsport website, you are probably less than $10 away from the shipped custom unit. Just a thought!
smile.gif

smile.gif

Other than the additional cable length and the remote mount button are there any other differences between the custom and the regular units? And can the remote mount button be removed or deactivated if not needed?

Just an update on ordering SpeedoHealers from SpeedoHealer.com. I sent them an e-mail asking how to go about ordering one from them and here is the response:

(approx. 100 USD).
about 8 days.

with Kind Regards,
/Norbert
SpeedoHealer.com

smile.gif
Keep in mind that the custom unit is the way to go, IMO. The 36" cable that the unit comes with is not long enough to put the SH anywhere that you can access it on the Busa. 54" is what you want and the remote mount button option is cool so you don't have to remove the rear hump, or panels if you get the 36" cable, to recall the top speed. Also after you add the shipping expenses from the calsport website, you are probably less than $10 away from the shipped custom unit. Just a thought!
smile.gif
I used the standard cable and mine is mounted in the trunk.
rock.gif

img009.jpg

smile.gif

To be clear though, I did wish it was longer. Where I have it mounted is the ONLY place in the trunk it would reach. The lack of a plug housing and the length of the cable were my only two gripes. So, while it can be mounted in the trunk if you route the cable correctly, I do widh it had been longer to offer more mounting options.

To be clear though, I did wish it was longer. Where I have it mounted is the ONLY place in the trunk it would reach. The lack of a plug housing and the length of the cable were my only two gripes. So, while it can be mounted in the trunk if you route the cable correctly, I do widh it had been longer to offer more mounting options.
Boy you must have stretched that baby because mine wasn't even close. I did a loop at the connection point so it would have extra strength after tying it off to the bikes harness. That way any movement would be transmitted through the bikes harness and not on the connections, which as you stated have no connectors, just the pins.
smile.gif

Boy you must have stretched that baby because mine wasn't even close. I did a loop at the connection point so it would have extra strength after tying it off to the bikes harness. That way any movement would be transmitted through the bikes harness and not on the connections, which as you stated have no connectors, just the pins.
smile.gif
It won't reach the trunk with a loop at the connection, that's for sure.

I just installed my SH and I had to take up the slack of the cable so it wouldnt hang in the motor bay. I had to loop up like six inches. Of course I do have on of the first versions. I love it by the way. Works great.

I just installed my SH and I had to take up the slack of the cable so it wouldnt hang in the motor bay. I had to loop up like six inches. Of course I do have  on of the first versions.  I love it by the way. Works great.
Hey man, long time no hear from. I figured since you got married you just simply fell off the face of the earth and sold the Busa to boot. How's every lil' thing going wit cha dude?? Is the little lady still happy or is she tired of you bullshiite already?
rock.gif
biggrin.gif
tounge.gif
Just bullshittin' man...

Brian

Back