getting new busa... is this a Good deal???

afkidbusa

Registered
Okay I joined hayabusa.org a few days ago because I am getting a new busa real soon. I am glad I found this web site because my friends are tired of hearing about my soon to be new toy. Well it’s new to me. It’s a 03 silver and charcoal. Has Vance and Hines Exhaust, k&n, power commander IIIr USB, NOS with the purge coming out of the ram air ducts. Sparying it’s putting 198hp to the ground. It has only been sprayed on one occasion. ½ a bottle’s worth just to dyno tune it. He has it set up to only spray it certain RMP range at open throttle. When all of this happens he has a shift light that comes on saying you can hit it. Cosmetics it is a 9.9 out of 10. Never dropped in the driveway or downed. It has frame sliders, pig spotters, chrome bar ends, double bubble windscreen, gel two tone seat. Happy 25th birthday to me :hbd: Sadly I am deployed overseas for the next month and a half so my buddy is going to pick it up for me. He knows a lot about bikes. He’s a real good mechanic so I trust him. It does piss me off he gets to ride it before me. It has 21,000 miles on it. The guy said that he has every receipt for everything he has done to it including all of the services. Valves checked at the major 20,000 mile service. He is the original owner. Clean title. He is asking $6,000 for it. I have been searching high and low for 2 months:banghead: best deal I have found. Is this a good deal? I will post a few pic’s soon.

Last edited:
You described all the goodies, but what about the basics? What does he have for brakes and tires? Did he do regular maintainance? You get the idea. And where are the pictures?

Its a good deal but I would definitely have the motor checked out by a mechanic before buying it. He may say he only sprayed once but that is hard to believe.

:welcome:to the Org.
Sounds like a fair deal from the description but I'd at least do a compression check. 21,000 miles is a lot of miles to be putting nitrous on. Says he only sprayed it once but where did the half of the bottle go on the dyno?
If it didn't have the nitrous on it I'd say grab it, good deal. But with a used NOS bike, who knows.

Last edited:
Probably a decent deal. Ditto on checking things out with a mechanic. The NOS is a concern.

--Wag--

yeah, I would want to know that second gear is in good shape and that everything is properly maintained. :welcome:

He has all of the records for all maintance... oil chnges, valave checks ect and a dyno tune w/ a print out after most of the parts that he installed. I will see if he has ever had a compression test. If not I have the stuff to do it. I thought that was kinda cool so I could see how much HP every major mod added. thanks for the heads up on 2nd gear. I will make sure my buddy checks that out. the tires are about 70%. I was thinking about putting lowering links on it because I am only 5'7".

Its a good deal but I would definitely have the motor checked out by a mechanic before buying it. He may say he only sprayed once but that is hard to believe.
21,000 miles on it and only sprayed once???? I don't think so. It does sound like a good deal as long as the motor has some life left in it tho :laugh:

Yeah, I would cool it and look for something less questionable. The NOX would worry me. If you do buy it be sure to ride it and run out 2nd gear all the way. If it skips forget it.

Yeah I would say wait for better deal, you can do your own mods to your own tastes later and be probably better assured it didn't get abused too...I say hold and keep looking, you'll find her just be patient. In the interim stick around there's lots to learn here good peeps will guide you. And of course:welcome::welcome:

Back