Is this a good deal?

slammiam

Registered
I'm about to buy an '00 busa, few minor scratches on the front fairing due to falling over, mechanically perfect w/6800 miles.  Needs a new rear tire, new chain, that's about it.  I'm paying $3000 for it.  Is this a good deal?

Thanks

If it's all true, that's better than a good deal. I would make sure to check it out or have someone check it out completely. And welcome to the board!

Thank you very much...the person is a personal friend, has more $$$ than he knows what to do with, and his wife won't let him ride any more (would be an ex if it was mine...but I digress). I'm EXTREMELY excited about getting it, my last bike was a '96 cbr600, and I was always left wanting more. Any problems w/ the '00 model? Tips, suggestions? I can't wait to pick it up !

That year had some starter issues with replacement taken care of by Suzuki if taken in. The only other possible thing would be the aluminum subframe, but I think that was corrected after '99. That would also be correctable through the dealer.

How would I go about checking the subframe for cracks? Any specific spot it's most likely to crack?

I believe that the cracks are at the point where the subframe connects to the main frame. Here is a post that talks in some detail about it. Again, not to scare you but something to be aware of and know that it can be fixed. <a href="https://www.hayabusa.org/cgi-bin/busa/ikonboard.cgi?act=ST;f=10;t=9164;hl=subframe">Subframe Thread<a>

Here to help!
biggrin.gif

That is a good deal...fortunately for you your friend's wife obviously wears the pants...
Ride safe...

Well, it's out of the shop and I have it at home. Spent $700 cleaning out the cobwebs...new tires, sync, full checkup, rear brake pad, new clutch handle. Rode it for the first time yesterday and all I can say is holy s@*t!. Power comes on so smooth, but I realized I hadn't given it 1/2 throttle yet...and I was flying. The 'busa earned my respect INSTANTLY, I've never been on a bike that begged to go fast at any time. Pics to come...

Back