A good deal? new to busas

VavyRA

Registered
Hi everyone, I just want to know if im getting a good deal on a 2005 busa, 6,000 miles. 2,000 dollars plus he is just asking me for $500 monthly= 4 months
I know the owner, we been working together for a few years now. The problem is that She fell in the bike a couple years ago, not serious accident just slide on concrete, she did replace the fender and also did a custom paint on it, after that she used the bike for a year and then stop using it.. so now is on storage, is been there for 2 years no use. My question is.. how much would I have to spend to get it in good condition since I know those 2 years have some effect on the busa? and does the deal is worth the money?? i look in my area and the cheaper I found a busa was 3500 with damages and stuff the others are 5000 and more.. thanks in advance tomorrow I would be looking it in person and would take pics of it, is there anything i should look out when I get there>> thanks again and great community here

Personally, the price is worth it with that low of mileage. I'd check the tires for cracking and signs of age, check for leaks around the belly plate and lower sections of the bike. think about draining the tank and filling with fresh fuel before cranking it over.

Best of luck

-D

Thanks for the advice, I did not think about checking for leaks, now i definitely are going to do so..

Tires would be a given, replace all fluids, oil, brake and clutch oil, coolant, etc. Chain should be in good shape with the miles you have, clean and lube it and check for kinks or rough spots. Plan to clean out the tank the throttle bodies, should be ok but a little seafoam should get you where you need to be. 4k for an 05 busa is a good price. Welcome to the org.

$4000 is a steal. It should be priced around $5000.

Any cost you incur (fluids, chain, etc) are things you'd need to do sooner or later anyway.

OP said $2000 which is cheap but remember you get what you pay for most of the time.
Could be a crummy paint job too.

Will have to wait for detailed pictures.

Also need to know if the OP can tear it apart and do the work or has to have someone else do it?
If you have to spend $3000 to fix it up - should you have just bought one for $5000 instead?

Was math a hard subject for you?

$500 times 4 is $2000 last time I checked.

Math was clearly easier for me than reading comprehension for you:

2,000 dollars plus he is just asking me for $500 monthly= 4 months

$2000 + $500 + $500 + $500 + $500 = $4,000.

i look in my area and the cheaper I found a busa was 3500 with damages

He said he found one busa cheaper, at $3500. $2000 would obviously be more expensive than the $3500.

I guess we need the OP to clarify.

"He is JUST asking" - I took that as meaning part of the good deal meaning he didn't have
to pay for it all at once.

The "cheaper I found" - I thought could have been a typo for the word cheapest (I make typing errors too)
But I assumed - so we need the OP to set one of us straight.

I didn't mean to step on your toes - but I hope you can see how this could have been read two
different ways.

If the OP sees the bike today and posts pictures we may be able to tell right away if it is only worth
$2000 or $4000. Then again maybe the owner doesn't want to store it another winter and just wants
it gone? Time will tell.

I guess we need the OP to clarify.
The "cheaper I found" - I thought could have been a typo for the word cheapest (I make typing errors too)
But I assumed - so we need the OP to set one of us straight.

I didn't mean to step on your toes - but I hope you can see how this could have been read two
different ways.

If the OP sees the bike today and posts pictures we may be able to tell right away if it is only worth
$2000 or $4000. Then again maybe the owner doesn't want to store it another winter and just wants
it gone? Time will tell.

Sorry for misunderstanding guys, the busa is just 2,000 dollars but I just have to pay it in 4 payments, also Im going to go see it in the afternoon. The Busa is in a indoor storage with regulated air and security system and the reason for selling it is because she is moving in December to another state plus since she had recently 2 kids in a row she have no time to ride.. i post pictures later and a million thanks for everything!

Sorry for misunderstanding guys, the busa is just 2,000 dollars but I just have to pay it in 4 payments, also Im going to go see it in the afternoon. The Busa is in a indoor storage with regulated air and security system and the reason for selling it is because she is moving in December to another state plus since she had recently 2 kids in a row she have no time to ride.. i post pictures later and a million thanks for everything!

That is what I thought.

So if you don't want it for the $2000 let me know and I will take it off her hands as the motor alone is
almost worth that! Would/should be no problem parting it out for more than the purchase price.

I hope it works out for you.

Looking forward to the pictures.

Yes, im just going to spend the money on getting it like new.. is in good condition. I dont like the design but im thinking on aftermarket fairings

Yes, im just going to spend the money on getting it like new.. is in good condition. I dont like the design but im thinking on aftermarket fairings

Don't forget to ask her for the rear seat.
With all you are saving Maybe OEM fairings would be a possibility.
Depends on if you want to return it to original or not.
Could just repaint the ones in good shape?

Good luck

Back