Getting my new 09 'busa tomorrow

busaniner

Registered
So, getting quite excited now. I already own a BMW K1300GT and an H-D Muscle Rod and they are both great bikes in their class with afir amount of giddy-up.

I was looking to get a sports bike to complete the trifecta but I like a BFE (Big Freakin' Engine) so the 600s were out and the 1000's did not look like the 'busa - what a beautiful bike !!

So I got one and new 2009 and am picking it up tomorrow morning. My wife, who drives a H-D Fat Boy Low is picking up her new CBR 600RR and thinks she will keep up !!

Hope I sleep tonight........

Sleep may not be in your future for a while!:laugh:

:welcome: to the Family.
Ride safe and respect her and you'll have a lot of fun!
Bubba

Thanks Bubba.

I live up here in the wet Northwest (near Vancouver, BC) and it has just stopped raining for the first time in about 2 months. The next few days will be DRY.....HOOYAH. Must the be the Gods smiling on the 'busa.

Only 3 hours to go before blast off!! Already running the trip in my head - first some freeway driving to loosen up the transmission and pump the oil around, then off into the back roads to find some twisties and see how the 'busa handles those. After that, it's off to see my Harley buddies and laugh at them. Finally, back home and see the US of A beat England in the World Cup (I'm from Scotland originally and hoping to beat the English is a way of life - we last won on the 24th of June 1314 at Bannockburn - so it's been a while).

Next report later dudes......

Congrats on your new bike!! Just to let you know. your wife will be lonely.
I ride a 600 and my wife the Busa and when we go on rides, I catch a quick sight on her tail light and then . . . gone. . . in a whisp of tire smoke. . . I ride alone.

Until the next stop light when I catch up to her!!
She has learned to slow down a little and lets me keep pace with her!!!!

Well, I got the 'Busa today and she's great. Rides a bit like my K1300 in that the power comes on early and just keeps going. It was a much easier bike to ride than I had been told - no real effort at all - just as well, I am 60.

Went on part of the 15,000 (yes, that's right - 15,000) bike ride for the fallen Canadian and US troops that was held today along the Fraser Valley near Vancouver.

Also happy that England got embarassed by the US at the World Cup !:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Well, I have had the 'Busa for a few days now and I have found it really quite easy to ride. Mind you, it has quite a kick when you 'give it some welly, as the Brits like to say. I got the front wheel to come off the ground today and was not actually planning a wheelie. I think this bike is amazing. The brakes work too !!!!....just as well, eh? (I'm Canadian).

Back